Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

How do I know if a wheel is New and OEM?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 04:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E550 4-Matic
How do I know if a wheel is New and OEM?

So here's the story.....I got a flat tire and when I brought the car into the dealer they showed me that two of my wheels were actually cracked. Doesn't surprise me as I've gotten a couple flats hitting some really bad potholes in the past. What I am surprised at is they didn't see them when they replaced all the tires just in December. (oh, and I went to the dealer for the tires because they offer road hazard guarantee....we'll see how that actually works out).

Anyway, they said they needed to order the wheels. The car has now been there for a week. I'm not that bothered by it because I'm actually enjoying the C300 they put me in as a loaner. But with all the time that is going by, my mind is starting to wonder how do I know that the wheels they are giving me are "New" and "OEM". I'm just imagining the parts manager in the back bidding on wheels off ebay and I'm getting a couple remanufactured wheels that I'm waiting for to be shipped from some guy's garage in New Jersey or something. Any way to know? If I did get remanufactured wheels is that bad? What does OEM remanufactured mean? I see a lot of those on ebay. Nice ones that actually if I'm going to get hit for $500+ a wheel I'd rather have other ones.