Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Care for my winter tyres.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 10:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'08 E-280 S211
Care for my winter tyres.

Hi.

Just wondering....

Today I just completely cleaned, sealed and double waxed my winter alloy rims for my MY08 MB E280 (W211).
This I take much pride in doing and also of cause love the easy cleaning during ALL winter where a weekly wach with high preassure hose and a long reach wheel bruch is all needed to have a completely clean and good looking set of rims/tyres. Especially here in northern Europe where the use of salt is common during a few months.

Then while plucking small debris/stones out of the crevices of the winter tyres (Pirelli Zottozero) I came to think. "Am I the only one to use all this time completely removing all of these? I am mentally satisfied when done and like the look of cause when done, but I know that only a few miles will add all these back when mounted again in the winter.

Are there any positive effect for the tyres having these removed during summer storage (dark and cold storage). The thread is somewhere really stretched where larger stones are pushed in really deep and these I notice as gone when looking the day after.

Anyone?

Regards
Denmark.