Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Koni FSD Kit versus Koni Sport Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 06:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes C230 Sport Sedan
Koni FSD Kit versus Koni Sport Kit

I have a 2004, C230 Sport Sedan. Interested in upgrading to a suspension kit. Considering the FSD kit from Koni with FSD shocks and Eibach springs. Thirty mm of lowering. I am also intrigued with the Koni sport kit which uses their yellow sport shocks that are adjustable. Same amount of lowering.

I am a spirited driver but don't do track days. I would like to upgrade the handling of my car but don't want it to ride like a buckboard. Anybody using either of these kits? What has been your experience with the trade-off between ride and handling?

Thanks all.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:14 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
My setup was the Eibach Sport springs with Eibach struts. Just replaced the struts with Koni Sports, kept the springs.

The thing I like most about the K Sports is the adjustability, obviously. With them set at full marshmallow, they felt like stock. Since then, I've increased them to one full turn on firm, and the the increase in harshness is definitely noticeable, but I can accept that with the tradeoff in handling.

I talked to Luke about the FSD vs Sport issue last month when I bought (you just missed the 20% off sale, btw - sorry), and he convinced me that the FSDs were what I should get. Luckily, they were on order, so I switched the order, and very glad that I did. Yes, I'm assuming I wouldn't like the FSDs better, but I really like the ability to change things up. I'd give the Sports two

BTW - I ended up ordering the flat adjustment knob off Koni's website; with my stock crap-o Bose subwoofer, couldnt' fit the normal adjustment knob in there without removing the SW. So if you do go Sports, that's something that may be of value.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes C230 Sport Sedan
Koni FSD v. Koni Sport

Tommy,
Thanks for the insight. It can be very difficult to decide on these things since ride quality is so subjective. I agree with you the adjustability of the Koni Sport damper is very appealing.

Appreciate the tip on the flat adjustment knob. I too have the Bose system in my car.

Jeff.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:51 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
Yeah, it's hard to buy them when you won't really know how you like them until they're on the car. At least with the Sports you get to change things up a bit if you're not completely satisfied.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 C55, 2006 Ram 2500 MegaCab diesel, sold 2001 Dodge 2500 Cummins, sold 87 190e-16v, sold 97 e420
Originally Posted by JKehler
I have a 2004, C230 Sport Sedan. Interested in upgrading to a suspension kit. Considering the FSD kit from Koni with FSD shocks and Eibach springs. Thirty mm of lowering. I am also intrigued with the Koni sport kit which uses their yellow sport shocks that are adjustable. Same amount of lowering.

I am a spirited driver but don't do track days. I would like to upgrade the handling of my car but don't want it to ride like a buckboard. Anybody using either of these kits? What has been your experience with the trade-off between ride and handling?

Thanks all.

I have a complete set of Koni sports I may be willing to part with, less than a few months old or I could sell you my stock amg shocks and struts.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:18 PM
TR Moderator & Tire God

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
depends on the weather
the FSD will offer better ride quality over sharp harsh bumps like expansion joints on the highway and on larger bumps they firm up nicely. The sports are adjustable so, you can tune them to your comfort level is you choose and they will offer more performance when ding track days or spirited canyon runs.
Old 06-16-2012, 02:05 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2009 C 63
Smile

hi luke
is there a fsd kit for a amg C55 sedan 2005 series 203 if av. price & shipping to queensland australia post code 4034. hankook tyres from tire rack rec. early this year going well thanks.

Trending Topics

Old 06-19-2012, 08:03 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2009 C 63
Smile

bump hi luke tirerack