Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Help needed! W210 E-Class Tires and Wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2003, 04:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 Mercedes E320 and ML430
Help needed! W210 E-Class Tires and Wheels

Hey all... I am in the market for new wheels and tires for my 2000 model year Mercedes E320 base sedan. I currently have the "stock" Good Year tires on the stock 16" aluminum wheels. I would like to upgrade my tires to lower profile ones, and I need expert help here as I am nervous about messing up how the car drives and will wear (especially at high speeds). I am also worried about fitting after-market wheels not made by or approved by Mercedes-Benz for the reasons mentioned. Is this a problem?

Also... I am really looking for the "sport package" 17" wheels that Mercedes offered on the 2000-2002 Mercedes E-Class. I have found these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2426218297

on ebay, and would appreciate any advice or opinions on these wheels. They are from Italy and are $639/set. Are they OK to put on my car? WILL THEY VOID THE WARRANTY? Also, are these the exact wheels Mercedes used on the sport package equipped cars?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I am going on a trip up to Toronto next week and would like to possibly change my wheels and tires by then. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
Old 08-05-2003, 05:18 PM
TR Moderator & Tire God

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
depends on the weather
the wheel in the EBAY add is a 17x8 ET37 and the w210 chassis uses a 17x8 ET25 optimally but, the difference is not great enough to cause any issues with your car so the would work from that stand point but, the add also mentions s-class vehicles which use 14mm lug hardware and you car uses 12mm lug hardware so the amount of lug seat engagement is questionable ..... I would recommend you keep looking
Old 08-06-2003, 12:05 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
W204 C300 2010
The wheels on Ebay, the Italian replicas, more times than not, use a taper seat lug bolt. This is how they make it more universal to be used on more models.

Also, for the rear, if you go with these replicas, make sure when you mount the rear wheels... You manually rotate the wheel a few times. You want to make sure the lug bolts do no protrude too far into the rear drum interfering with the internal parking brake parts. You may need slight shorter lug bolts.

Rob Lee