Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

What do you know about this wheel?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 08:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1991 500SL
Question What do you know about this wheel?

After years of using the MBWorld forums as my go-to resource I finally registered to become a real member.

So here is my first newbie post...

Several years ago when I bought my 91 500SL it did not have the original stock wheels on the car. They are clearly a few years newer and chrome. The owner (a friend) I bought it from had it for 10 years and those were the wheels on it when he purchased it. Eventually I decided to source OEM and return the car to its original state. I now have these wheels on the car and spare and have no need for the chrome set.

I have done research on wheels but have not been able to reach any conclusion other than they are aftermarket and were not originally chromed. I plan to sell them and want to know what they are so that the description is transparent and honest.

So, does anyone know what these are?
Attached Thumbnails What do you know about this wheel?-dsc01091.jpg   What do you know about this wheel?-dsc01107.jpg   What do you know about this wheel?-dsc01113.jpg   What do you know about this wheel?-dsc01105.jpg   What do you know about this wheel?-dsc01103.jpg  

Old 03-18-2013, 07:22 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
W209 CLK Renntech Widebody, C140 CL600 V12, AP2 S2000, NSX Twin Turbo, R8 V10
They look just like the factory wheels on 92-99 S and CL class, only chromed