Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Suspension Problem Pulls Right Pothole? Help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 08:15 PM

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts
2010 R350 4matic W251
Suspension Problem Pulls Right Pothole? Help!

Hi:
I noticed that several months ago my CLk350 w209 was pulling to the right.

My car is lowered with H&R Sports and I had 19" Miro rims staggered setup. I live in LA and hit a lot of potholes. But I remember I hit one pretty big months ago and discovered that my f/passenger wheel was bent. I was quoted about $125 to fix but opted to go with stock rims for awhile. **Btw if anyone is interested in buying my rims let me know**

Anyways, I thought I would get new tires and alignment and that would fix the pull. But when I got some new tires and alignment last week the car still pulls. I had the tech guy check 3x as to the alignment but toe is fine, a little camber (due to the springs) but no sign as to the pull.

Any ideas? I know it could be a number of suspension issues, but hoping someone had a similar issue that can pinpoint problem before I go to the shop.

Symptoms:

-noticed f/passenger tire more worn than f/driver tire (old set)
-noticed gap between f/passenger tire and f/fender is smaller on the f/passenger side (I can fit ~3 fingers on the f/driver side; but only ~1 on f/passenger side
-alignment was to spec; tires new and same psi on fronts
-on flat road and steering wheel straight, the car would just move to the right

THANKS!