Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Un-even height and alignment

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2003, 02:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 CLK 430/2002 325i
Un-even height and alignment

I am hoping that someone can tell me why the car height differs from one side of the vehicle (driver) to the other side (passenger) after lowering. Unfortunately, I noticed the difference in height after I changed out my stock suspension on a 2002 CLK 430 and upgraded to the Kleeman suspension. In addition, during the upgrade of the suspension I opted to change out the spring pads from 4/3 to 2/1. The driver side sits lower than the passenger side....approximately .375"

My second problem is that the shop (shop that originally installed the suspension, and attempted 3 times to properly align the vehicle) was unable to align the vehicle properly after installing the correction bolts on both sides. The passenger side has about 1.5 more degrees of negative camber thant the driver side (1.2 degrees). The car steers/pulls towards the passenger side. Can anyone recommend a good alignment shop in the San Fernando Valley? I would like to resolve the alignment issue soon in order to prevent premature and un-even tire wear.

I am at loss with the problem.

Thanks,
Benzoxtc