Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Has anyone had problems with Vossen CV3's?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 07:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 E350 Blutec
Has anyone had problems with Vossen CV3's?

I purchased some CV3's a few months ago, 20x8 and 20x9.5, for my 2012 E350. They looked awesome, but the drive was not as good, which was to be expected with 20's. Anyway, my Dad took my car out one day and said the vibration was pretty bad even for big wheels. So I took them back to check the balancing and they told me their was a 'hop' in the wheels.

I've contacted Vossen, they told me to get a 'run out test' which I have not done yet. There is a shop where I live (Fresno, CA) which specializes in fixing bent and out of round rims which I think I will be taking the wheels to.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced any problems?
Old 10-07-2013, 01:48 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS 63
Originally Posted by gav_61
I purchased some CV3's a few months ago, 20x8 and 20x9.5, for my 2012 E350. They looked awesome, but the drive was not as good, which was to be expected with 20's. Anyway, my Dad took my car out one day and said the vibration was pretty bad even for big wheels. So I took them back to check the balancing and they told me their was a 'hop' in the wheels.

I've contacted Vossen, they told me to get a 'run out test' which I have not done yet. There is a shop where I live (Fresno, CA) which specializes in fixing bent and out of round rims which I think I will be taking the wheels to.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced any problems?
I had a set that I sold to one of my customer start cracking in the barrel section right behind the spokes, at first I thought it was a flute with just one wheel but the other 3 started have the same problem like a week later.