Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

change in rotors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2003 | 09:17 PM
Almost a Member!

99 slk230
change in rotors

I drive an slk230, I occasionally race autocross, trackdays, etc and am wondering if changing to sloted or drilled rotors and changing to porterfield pads will help with my breaking?
Old 09-14-2003 | 11:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Porterfield R4-S pads will help. I am just getting started in autocross and with three events left locally, I won't make any changes until spring. I am thinking of Carbotech's new Bobcat pads. The local autocross board seems to favor them for autocross and light track work.

Drilled rotors are a styling gimmick. Try slotted rotors. They are stronger than drilled and are much more effective at getting rid of gas and dust between the pads and rotor.
Old 09-14-2003 | 11:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1951 Caterpiller D6
Originally posted by Lynn

Drilled rotors are a styling gimmick. Try slotted rotors. They are stronger than drilled and are much more effective at getting rid of gas and dust between the pads and rotor.
I wouldn't go so far as to say they are a gimmick but slotted rotors are way better than cross drilled. Try porterfield pads. I have no real data but my butt dyno feels the difference.