Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

What are the quietest tires for C230 C7?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-01-2004, 06:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What are the quietest tires for C230 C7?

I have a C230 Coupe with C7 wheels (225/45 17) and I had a blowout today so I'm trying to decide on just replacing the one bad tire or going for all four. I have the Conti's with 11K miles, probably half worn. They run fine for me although on the grooved concrete highways of So Cal at my average of 75 mph, they tend to be a little noiser than I prefer. What would be a good, quiet tire, not too expensive, good tread life, decent wet/dry handling? Do not care about any winter/snow capabilities here in So Cal. I expect to keep the car about another 20K miles (until the warranty is up) and don't want to have to buy another tire until then so Pilot Sports from what I've heard are probably out.
Old 01-02-2004, 04:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
Re: What are the quietest tires for C230 C7?

Originally posted by Buellwinkle
I have a C230 Coupe with C7 wheels (225/45 17) and I had a blowout today so I'm trying to decide on just replacing the one bad tire or going for all four. I have the Conti's with 11K miles, probably half worn. They run fine for me although on the grooved concrete highways of So Cal at my average of 75 mph, they tend to be a little noiser than I prefer. What would be a good, quiet tire, not too expensive, good tread life, decent wet/dry handling? Do not care about any winter/snow capabilities here in So Cal. I expect to keep the car about another 20K miles (until the warranty is up) and don't want to have to buy another tire until then so Pilot Sports from what I've heard are probably out.
pilot sport A/S, firehawk SZ50EP (u would have to get 215/45 tho), yokohama AVS DB2.