Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Michelin Pilot Sport 2 impressions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2004, 04:10 PM
LOH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Michelin Pilot Sport 2 impressions

I'm due for a new set of tires soon and was curious about experiences with the new michelins. What's the verdict on the PS2?
Old 02-24-2004, 09:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99 C43 AMG & 2008 Corvette 1LT Z51 LS3
I installed a set of them on a 209 CLK 500 sport package the other day and ran them through a good heat cycle. Since the tires were new, they were a little slippery at the limit, but had very good feedback. The sidewalls are much more stiff then the original sports. Since these new PS2's are an Assemectrical design, it allows them to make the outerside wall much more stiff for loading on corners, and leave the inner sidewall a little softer for good ride quality. Unlike the original sports since they are directional, they need to make both side wall designs equal, so driving characteristics remain the same weather they are on one side of the car or another.

I need to drive a couple more cars with them and see how they are after they have been heat cycled, but so far they have left me with a good impression.

I also like the new tread design!