Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Doing strutmaster conversion plus full abc removal on 2001 s600

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2016, 08:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 s55, 2001 s600, 2002 s600, 1999 e320
Doing strutmaster conversion plus full abc removal on 2001 s600

Hello all, im new to the site, although i have been researching for quite some time now regarding abc conversion. I will include as much info as i can to try to help anyone, as i have gotten alot of help from you guys.

Just a quick run through, my project is a 2001 s600 with a leaking ps/abc pump, purchased the car for $4000, 100k miles, looks good in/out, runs good, minus the need for a new starter (already replaced with new oem myself) did trans filter, connector, fluid.
Just recently got big puddle of pentosin on the floor and found it to be the pump. The car would sink after a day or two of sitting as well. So im sure an accumulator was failing as well. So i dont want abc on this particular car, i have an 03 s55 (which i love) so i want a car that my sis/mom can drive without any worries of abc failure.

Ive read plenty about the sway bar, heard it not effecting much, heard it being awful. After talking to a tech at strutmasters today (jeff), they now can declare that the ride is pretty darn good, not as good/smooth/responsive as abc but still driveable and smashable. Also read a member here that did it and has 20" rims on it and he drives it hard with no real issue.

If it isnt up to my standards, i am considering finding arms from an airmatic w220 and swapping over a swaybar, or finding a way fabricate one if need be.

At this current point, my abc/ps pump is out. I am planning on using an airmatic w220 ps pump, however im not sure if it will bolt up or not (please let me know if you know for sure!)

I also plan on removing all lines, accumulators, valves etc

Ps i have wis/das/star scanner with wireless laptop connectivity, tons of pentosin.

So wish me luck, if anyone has any new info or updates regarding their abc comversion, please chime in.

Last edited by Novac; 04-01-2016 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Spelling