Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Tired of flat tires

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 11:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 Mercedes E 350 Coupe with P1 & P2
Tired of flat tires

I live in New York City with potholes everywhere. I have a 2013 E350 coupe with 235/35 sized tires. Last year I had to buy 5 new tires and its been 2 so far for this year. Any time the car bottoms out on a pothole the tps sensor lights up with a tire malfunction. It always results in me having to buy a new tire, since they never can be patched.

Should I go up to a new size tire? I had a similar issue with a 2012 E350 sedan, the tires are terrible
Old 05-02-2016, 03:53 PM

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
W218
you have to rim drive...drive slow(er)

to the best of your knowledge know the conditions of your route...sometimes down to lane choice

believe it or not traffic is your friend when it comes to rim conservation

air up tires hard (maximum psi minus a few psi for air expansion) and check often (get a nice gauge and only use that one)

driving habits is key tho is what it is
Old 06-29-2016, 08:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 231 Likes on 213 Posts
2013 glk 350
Find someone to repair tires, a real commercial tire shop. obviously the person your dealing with makes more money on sales. This is one of the biggest lies even tire shops scam people on, that a tire can't be repaired, even run flats can be repaired.where In my experience , most tire people are crooks, luckily I have a shop in Chicago where the owner is honest, I've been dealing with him since about 1974!