Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Carlsson Lug bolts ball or concical seat

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2004, 10:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E320 2000 w/GPS
Carlsson Lug bolts ball or concical seat

Just bought a set of Carlsson wheels 2/6 18x9 . it came out of Audi and came with a box of 20 14mmx1.5 lug bolts. I don't think it will fit on my 2000 E320. since E uses 12mm from what I learned from the forums. I haven't change the wheels on this car before so don't know if the lug is ball or concial seated. could I use the stock lug bolts with this carlsson? does any body knows the spec on the bolt lengh? I am also looking for the new lug bolts and locks if the stock ones don't work? where is best place to get them. do anyone put lock on their expensive Rims?

thanks for your help
Old 03-06-2004, 02:41 PM

05 SLK350, 06 ML350
How old is the wheels? Some older Carlsson comes with cone seat but all the newer one comes with ball seat.
I don't have the spec for the older 2/6 but the newer 2/6 Brilliant says that the 9" will only fit the rear. I would suggest you to test fit them first.
Old 03-06-2004, 03:05 PM

E320 2000 w/GPS
I don't know what year is this 2/6 Brilliant edition, any way to tell? It hard to find a bolt size for this thing. I look around the shop in town, couldn't find nothing need special order. Guess I have to find on the internet or somewhere on ebay. I think I will need bolt size 12mm with 28mm shank length, overall length is 58mm? Correct me if I am wrong local tire store told me if the bolt is too long would damage park brakes. Any body has any suggestion of good place to order them? Also I bought my wheels with tires on and is there a adapter needs to go on to the valve stem to fill the air with??

thanks,
Old 03-08-2004, 03:05 PM

E320 2000 w/GPS
Luke please verify

Originally posted by KarToyz
How old is the wheels? Some older Carlsson comes with cone seat but all the newer one comes with ball seat.
I don't have the spec for the older 2/6 but the newer 2/6 Brilliant says that the 9" will only fit the rear. I would suggest you to test fit them first.
Luke,

Is it true that Carlsson 2/6 brilliant 18x9 won't fit in the front, and for rear wheel applications only? I have not receive my mounting bolts yet, so I cannot verify. this wheel also comes with Yokohama AVS ES100 235/40/18. I have four of them.
thanks KarToyz for the info.