Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!
View Poll Results: Get the...
Black Gloss Finish
0%
Brushed Aluminum Finish
100.00%
Get a different 4 series wheel...tell me what you think (only 4 series please!)
0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Jumping on the HRE Bandwagon...help me decide!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2004, 04:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C230 Kompressor
Jumping on the HRE Bandwagon...help me decide!!!

I'm placing an order for a set of HRE 447R's tomorrow and I can't make my mind up as to what finish I should go with...

My car is a 02 C230K Coupe in Brilliant Silver (click the link in my sig if u wanna see) with smoked tails...all of my car is black/silver so I was thinking that black gloss finish with etched centercaps would look really agressive...but I also love the brushed aluminum on silver cars...what do you think?!?!?!? Any opinions are welcome...

also, I'm planning to get 19" x 8.5" front and 19" x 10" rear...will this fit without rubbing issues, or am I better off getting 9.5" rear??? Which size will give me a wider lip in the rear???
Old 04-05-2004, 01:53 AM
Guest0001

definitly brushed for silver car.
Old 04-05-2004, 01:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you're not planning to roll the fenders, you should get 19x9.5. No matter 19x9.5 and 19x10, you are still getting 2.5" lip in the rear because the extra 1/2" is added on the inside, not on the lip.

You should get the Brilliant Silver finish. The exact same paint that uses on your car. It's the custom paint option that costs USD240 more. I dont like black wheels on silver cars because I think they look too "Racing Hart Civic". Have I given you a quote yet?
Old 04-05-2004, 02:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C230 Kompressor
Originally posted by Harris
If you're not planning to roll the fenders, you should get 19x9.5. No matter 19x9.5 and 19x10, you are still getting 2.5" lip in the rear because the extra 1/2" is added on the inside, not on the lip.

You should get the Brilliant Silver finish. The exact same paint that uses on your car. It's the custom paint option that costs USD240 more. I dont like black wheels on silver cars because I think they look too "Racing Hart Civic". Have I given you a quote yet?
a couple of questions Harris:

- does the standard black finish come with clearcoat or is that extra??

- does the special order paint (brilliant silver) come with clearcoat or is that extra??

You haven't quoted me yet...I am in a groupbuy right now and have a pretty good deal, but if you want to quote me go ahead, i'd be more than happy to give you my business if you can give me a good price.

THANKS for your help, much appreicated!!!
Old 04-05-2004, 02:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by joesc230
a couple of questions Harris:

- does the standard black finish come with clearcoat or is that extra??

- does the special order paint (brilliant silver) come with clearcoat or is that extra??

You haven't quoted me yet...I am in a groupbuy right now and have a pretty good deal, but if you want to quote me go ahead, i'd be more than happy to give you my business if you can give me a good price.

THANKS for your help, much appreicated!!!
Clearcoat is only included if you get Brushed Aluminum finish. It is an option on Standard or Custom finish.

Would you mind sending me an e-mail with yr GB price and I'll see what I can do.....