Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Luke, need your help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2004, 11:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
S, GL, Escalade ESV, my shoes
Luke, need your help

There're several W211 17" rims on eBay (OEM), some are really nice.

I know that there're 12 vs. 14mm bolt issue. But I keep seeing sellers (wheel shops) advertise that these rims will fit W210 and most C class. At the same time, I've seen post from you and lot of pro about how these rims are NOT recommended for W210 and C models.

Can you let me know if there's a way to compromise this ? I'm not an aggressive drive (I wouldn't call making a turn at 40mph agressive), never race or perform any sort of crazy thing on my car. So can these wheels be fitted into my car ? . I am going to have Blistein HD installed on my car, and looking to upgrade my wheels to 17".

How about Lorinser, are they good rims ? I'm doing about 30-35K/year on driving, mostly freeway commuting (stopppppp and go). What your take on this ?Keep 16 ? Upgrade to 17 ? 18 ?. Can you let me know an average lifetime of 17 & 18 tires, given rotation 5K interval and average-guy driving style ? I currently have MXV-4 on my Michellin, and the ride is super.

Thanks.
Old 04-08-2004, 09:52 AM
TR Moderator & Tire God

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
depends on the weather
the definitive answer to your question

W211 wheels DO NOT FIT a w210 or w202 or w203 chassis vehicles proplery