Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Where's best place to chrome rims in LA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 12:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
S, GL, Escalade ESV, my shoes
Where's best place to chrome rims in LA

Anyone have a place in Southern California that do chroming for rims ? I've seen couple place, but what they're doing is "chome-like paint" technology , which's advertised as shinny like chrome, but more durable.

To me, it's just cheap chrome, since the final look is not as polish & shiny as the old classic chrome I've grown to know.

Can any one recommend a shop that do REAL tripple layers chrome ? One place I saw is oemwheels in Anaheim, from their post on eBay, look like their chrome is top qualty, $500 for whole set. Anyone have any other place ????
Old 05-12-2004, 03:22 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 CLK55 AMG
I was told that a company called Anaheim Chrome does the tripple chrome app.. I was told by a chrome shop in the bay area that they are the only place that does it "the right way". I guess it takes very expensive machines to correctly chrome a wheel. He also said that there are a ton of places who will chrome your wheels but they will start peeling/flaking in a year or so. I know that Wheel Techniques in Santa Clara does an incredible job of repairing factory rims but they do not chrome rims. They told me that they send them down to So Cal to have them done. The problem is I can't find Anaheim Chrome on the net. I don't think the people I talked with were refering to oemwheels.com. Also, MBZ has the wheel exchange program where you give them you stock wheels and they give you chrome. They actually have the wheels chromed. Maybe you could find out who does their chroming.
Old 05-12-2004, 04:27 PM
TR Moderator & Tire God

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
depends on the weather
PLATECORP
1223 N BATAVIA ST
ORANGE CA 92867 4612
Old 05-12-2004, 05:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
S, GL, Escalade ESV, my shoes
Luke

Thanks for the reference. Can any enlightment me about chrome ? I got quote anywhere from $400 - 800 (for whole set). Some said it would take a week, some takes 2 weeks, some takes 4 weeks (Platecorp).

I agree that you'll get what you paid for, most of the time !.

But I'm still curious, what's considered as good chroming process ?. And how can you tell ?

The chrome on my Lexus is 7 years old, and still shine and clear as new (not one peeling), yet at the same time, I've seen several chrome wheels, less than a year old, and peel left and right, and look dull as silver (or worse), just don't want to ruin my new set of wheels ....

Originally posted by Luke@tirerack
PLATECORP
1223 N BATAVIA ST
ORANGE CA 92867 4612
Old 05-13-2004, 02:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320
Lorinser 18 inch wheels

I have a set of used Lorinser RS-6 wheels (genuine) 18x8.5 and 18x9.5. It also has Yokohama AVS Sport tires.

I'm selling the set as I've changed wheels. If you are interested, I'm selling them for $2400. A link to the pics is in my signature.

PM me if you're interested.
Old 05-13-2004, 11:30 AM
Almost a Member!

2001 CLK55 AMG
Oogle- I'd like to take a look at your rims. Please send pics to steve@mce.com Thanks
Old 05-13-2004, 01:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320
Originally posted by monoblockz
Oogle- I'd like to take a look at your rims. Please send pics to steve@mce.com Thanks
Email sent.

Here's the link to my wheels. Price has been lowered to $2400 obo.

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...t=Lorinser+RS6