Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

18's vs. 19's / CLK lowering springs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2002, 06:29 AM
TNH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
18's vs. 19's / CLK lowering springs

I am pretty new to the CLK scene, and I am about to get wheels and lowering springs for my CLK 320. I originally wanted 19's, but I am not so sure right now. I don't want to bend them.......how common is it to bend 19 inch wheels? This car is a daily driver, and I just want to be sure that I dont have any problems with it.

Also, if I go with 19's what brand of springs should I get in order to have just the right stance? What about the 18's?

any help is appreciated.
Old 04-15-2002, 10:48 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 SL-500 on order
I wouldn't worry about bending a set of 19" rims, as long as you don't drive your CLK over pot holes and train tracks at high speeds. H&R springs are the most popular among S. California drivers, mainly for price and the amount of drop, the fender should sit right above the tire(with number 1 springpads). Eibach doesn't drop your CLK much, it is in my experience (with my SLK) a more comfortable spring. My suggestion, go with 19's and a set of H&R's.
Old 04-15-2002, 10:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
W212 E63, Audi R8 4.2, Panamera S, Range Rover Sport GT
Originally posted by JtSL500
I wouldn't worry about bending a set of 19" rims, as long as you don't drive your CLK over pot holes and train tracks at high speeds. H&R springs are the most popular among S. California drivers, mainly for price and the amount of drop, the fender should sit right above the tire(with number 1 springpads). Eibach doesn't drop your CLK much, it is in my experience (with my SLK) a more comfortable spring. My suggestion, go with 19's and a set of H&R's.
My thoughts exactly.