Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

C350e - Airmatic Problem - Four Corners Dropped

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2019, 01:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c350e
Unhappy C350e - Airmatic Problem - Four Corners Dropped

Hi all,

I am just back from a bit of a shocker of a trip around the town.

The car has been parked up for a day or two, plugged in.

I set off today and less than a KM of travel, about 50 metres after going over a speed bump I hear a crunching of front bumper on tarmac and then a red warning about the car being too low.

Thankfully, I was able to pull over straight away.

What I Saw
All four corners completely fallen down

What I Tried that Didn't Work
I then clicked the button to raise the suspension and this did not work.
Forcing the engine on by going into charge mode
Restarting the car

For the above, I would always get a "Vehicle rising, please wait" warning on the screen. This was followed by the red "vehicle too low, stop" warning.

What I Tried that Did Work (after around five minutes)
I started the car and immediately pressed the suspension raise button, before it had a chance to bring up the "Vehicle rising, please wait" message.

Sure enough, the car raised and I was able to get it home. I parked up and I was able to cycle the suspension from normal to high a few times.

What I Suspect
I would imagine that a leak on one corner would not lower all four corners
Did something release air from all four at the same time?

Does anyone here have any ideas? Given the time of year, I am a fair while away from being able to get the car seen to.

I am wondering what causes all corners to drop, not rise and then rise and, as of checking now a few hours later, stay upright in the driveway?

Many thanks for tips and advice.

Happy new year

Last edited by C350phev; 12-31-2019 at 01:54 PM.
Old 12-31-2019, 02:23 PM

c350e
I just went out to the car.

I moved it a foot forward, then back and slammed on the brakes. This is all the wiggle room I have in the driveway, but I figured I could jerk something this way.

Sure enough, once I asked the suspension to raise via the button, the whole thing sank. I was then able to get the car back to normal again with a cycling of the ignition.

I tried to do it again with my girlfriend recording the front left corner, where the pump seems to be but it did not replicate the problem this time.

The audio recording is below; for any sonic airmatic gururs. The car went forward then back to a sudden stop. Then I raised the suspension and lowered it.
I then did it again, but I failed to get the suspension to sink this time.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13Ul...ew?usp=sharing

The joys of motoring!
Old 01-25-2020, 10:04 PM

C350e
Airmatic compressor Relay and fuse location

Hi, Just had the same issue on mine c350e, but the suspension didn't rise at all.
First I got a yellow message "Malfunction" two days before, then I got the "vehicle raising, please wait" but nothing happened.

And after waiting a lot more than was expected I tried to move the car and I got "Stop vehicle, vehicle too low"

After reading about possible causes I really hope that has to do with a faulty relay or fuse, as the 4 corners dropped completely, so it might be that the compressor is not working due to a relay,
I tried to find on the owner's manual where the Airmatic relay is placed but they dont show it on the book.
Does anyone know where can I find a list with the description / location of fuses an relays on a W205?
Thanks in advance.