Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Uneven steering effort

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2020, 09:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E220d (W213)
Uneven steering effort

I have a 69 plate e220d AMG line with 19inch wheel - W213, right hand drive. I purchased the car new back in October. The car was delivered with the steering wheel off centre (quite far to the right). The car was taken back by the dealer and adjusted. The steering was centred but the car was left with a problem where the feel in the steering was uneven. It is slightly easier to steer left than it is to the right. I have attempted multiple times to align the wheels to remedy the problem. My last alignment but one, the steering wheel was off centre again (to the right again) and the steering feel was normal. I took it back and the steering was centered, however after this the feel in the steering went back to how it has always been over the last few months (i.e easier to steer to the left). It seems that I can't seem to get the car to a state where both the steering wheel is centered perfectly and the steering feels even

All the alignment is in spec with no cross camber or caster. The toe is perfect. I am at a loss to explain the strange steering behavior. The dealer has basically told me there is nothing wrong and refused to investigate it further (a complaint has been lodged, however, COVID has delayed further progress). Anyone have any ideas about what the matter could be. Your help would be appreciated