Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Wheel and Tire Policy for 2016 E63?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2020, 06:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E63S
Wheel and Tire Policy for 2016 E63?

Dealer is quoting $2495 for 3 years for wheel and tire coverage on 2016 E63. This includes refinishing to cosmetic scratches.

Anyone have any better options?
Old 08-01-2020, 02:02 AM

Received 99 Likes on 91 Posts
E Coupe C207, ML W166, ML W164, Sprinter 1500/144, W111 SB220 Fintail(s), A5 chassis Beetle 5+5
Boston roads are pretty bad.
Old 08-03-2020, 11:20 AM

E63S
I got a 4 year policy from AAA for $940 for my "new" 2016 E63S, includes cosmetic (curb rash), as well as structural wheel and tire defects, no deductible. Also includes free key fob replacement and Ding Shield dent repair coverage (dents up to 3"). Was very surprised they would do AMG cars, as AAA would not cover AMG for extended vehicle warranty.

Dealer quote was $2495 for 3 years, wheel and tires only, no key fob or dent protection.
The following users liked this post:
Audi Junkie (08-03-2020)
Old 11-14-2021, 11:21 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
cla45 amg
Originally Posted by SoxFan
I got a 4 year policy from AAA for $940 for my "new" 2016 E63S, includes cosmetic (curb rash), as well as structural wheel and tire defects, no deductible. Also includes free key fob replacement and Ding Shield dent repair coverage (dents up to 3"). Was very surprised they would do AMG cars, as AAA would not cover AMG for extended vehicle warranty.

Dealer quote was $2495 for 3 years, wheel and tires only, no key fob or dent protection.
is see this thread is older, but wondering if the AAA policy will cover same things as a policy from mercedes benz, and as easily as a MB policy
Old 11-14-2021, 11:32 PM

E63S
Originally Posted by emtuKnowMe
is see this thread is older, but wondering if the AAA policy will cover same things as a policy from mercedes benz, and as easily as a MB policy
I think so, but they are very cheap. I think they would only pay about $100 per wheel for straightening and refinishing combined. Way below market. My wheel and tire store finally did me a favor and got their supplier to agree to the pricing, but they say they have never experienced a warranty company as difficult as this.

I would not rebuy AAA wheel and tire. By the way, AAA is just a reseller, they have nothing to do with the warranty or claims. The underlying company is not AAA and they are the most difficult, most autocratic, most payment avoidance company I have dealt with. Lots of doubletalk, very hard if not impossible to get a decision maker on the phone...although, finally, I got the work done asa needed at the times, but took weeks and lots and pain and time for my dealer and myself.
The following users liked this post:
emtuKnowMe (11-14-2021)
Old 11-14-2021, 11:37 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
cla45 amg
Originally Posted by SoxFan
I think so, but they are very cheap. I think they would only pay about $100 per wheel for straightening and refinishing combined. Way below market. My wheel and tire store finally did me a favor and got their supplier to agree to the pricing, but they say they have never experienced a warranty company as difficult as this.

I would not rebuy AAA wheel and tire. By the way, AAA is just a reseller, they have nothing to do with the warranty or claims. The underlying company is not AAA and they are the most difficult, most autocratic, most payment avoidance company I have dealt with. Lots of doubletalk, very hard if not impossible to get a decision maker on the phone...although, finally, I got the work done asa needed at the times, but took weeks and lots and pain and time for my dealer and myself.
thanks very helpful info here.
Old 11-14-2021, 11:50 PM

E63S
Originally Posted by emtuKnowMe
thanks very helpful info here.
They also underpaid on my spare replacement by about $85 (10 percent or so) and I think by about $25 on my tire replacement, although they did end up paying out hundreds of dollars more than the entire policy. I don't remember te exact numbers.