Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Toyo Tires

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2020, 11:20 AM

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
2011 CLS 550
Cool Toyo Tires

Ok, have any of you had any kinds of issues with toyo tires? I know most guys on this forum roll Michelins and I may be switching soon. I have a situation where I had a blow out, but didn't notice until I stopped after smelling rubber. I didn't think it was me until I got on a road by myself and I kept smelling rubber. I check and there is nothing in the tire, nothing I can see that punctured the tire yet it went flat. Looking at the tire, it looks like the inside bead gave out. I was lucky I didn't damage the rim. Very lucky, but my question is, have anybody else had this problem? It don't look like the tire was rotten, but I don't see anything else that could have caused this flat. I went with Toyo because I was told it was a great tire. Plus they are the only one's I know of that makes a 315/25/20... I had 305/25/20 on there at the time of the blow out, but I've never seen anything like this before....

Old 09-01-2020, 11:32 AM

2011 CLS 550
The latest on the tire. Nothing found in the tire to make it go flat. I did find cracks around the back edge of the rim. I was told that you shouldn't weld a rim because it makes it weaker. But after doing some research I found out it's ok to weld the rim as long as the cracks are on the inner back side of the rim near the back/inner lip. I'll post pics later. Because Vossen has discontinued that wheel, I can't buy a new replacement. I wonder if my camber adjustment had anything to do with the cracks in the inner rim? Now I need research camber kits now, for the front and back... Any ideas?
Old 09-01-2020, 02:18 PM

2011 CLS 550
By the way, What brand should I get? I see allot of brands of camber kits. I need the front and back, well I know for a fact I need the rear, but the front, I'm not sure if the camber can be corrected with just a alignment...