Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

What kind of rims are these?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2020, 07:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
64 Jag xke
What kind of rims are these?

We inherited these 1994 AMG rims and want to sell them but not sure what they are for sure....so looking for some help and advice. They say forged O.Z. racing and seem to have serial numbers (all in sequence too) and they numbers are also etched into the rims. It also says B53747?? Are these what is called 3 piece

rim? Or a monoblock? Any info will be greatly appreciated and also and idea of what they are worth. A couple of them have the chrome flaking or peeled off in some spots. Thanks!!

Old 09-16-2020, 07:36 AM
Administrator Emeritus

Received 465 Likes on 348 Posts
Hi,

Welcome to MBWorld!

Moving you thread to the Wheels and Tires forum, good luck!

Bob
Old 09-17-2020, 07:02 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
2018 E300 Sport:Current 2015 Mercedes Benz C300 Sport- Gone.
AMG multi pc probably for a R129 based on the lip size. So fit should work on a W126, R129 applications.
Original OZ Italy manufactured, and looks like they were chrome plated obviously here in the states, the engraved marks look like Santa Ana Plating etc.

Hope this helps.
Old 09-17-2020, 08:08 PM

64 Jag xke
Originally Posted by MBJIMBO
AMG multi pc probably for a R129 based on the lip size. So fit should work on a W126, R129 applications.
Original OZ Italy manufactured, and looks like they were chrome plated obviously here in the states, the engraved marks look like Santa Ana Plating etc.

Hope this helps.
Appreciate your help MBJIMBO....so thanks. Any idea what price range they might be worth? Thanks
Old 09-17-2020, 08:34 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
2018 E300 Sport:Current 2015 Mercedes Benz C300 Sport- Gone.
Originally Posted by dash713
Appreciate your help MBJIMBO....so thanks. Any idea what price range they might be worth? Thanks
No problem. The chrome finish actually hurts the price. Typically we don't see too many W126 or 129 cars being fixed up or promoted with owners spending top dollar to fix them up, or maybe I just don't lurk in the right forums either?? Hard to really say, because they will most likely need to be refinished and sealed etc. but I would say off the top of my head in their current condition in Chrome, maybe put them out there for $1,200-1500 and see what you get. If they were in the original silver still, I would say they would be reasonable to ask for $2-3k depending on condition.

You have to remember that these types of wheels have to be sold at a street value, so expecting top retail dollar is tough.
Old 09-18-2020, 06:45 AM

64 Jag xke
Smile Appreciate all the info and help MBJIMBO.....have a great weekend!

Originally Posted by MBJIMBO
No problem. The chrome finish actually hurts the price. Typically we don't see too many W126 or 129 cars being fixed up or promoted with owners spending top dollar to fix them up, or maybe I just don't lurk in the right forums either?? Hard to really say, because they will most likely need to be refinished and sealed etc. but I would say off the top of my head in their current condition in Chrome, maybe put them out there for $1,200-1500 and see what you get. If they were in the original silver still, I would say they would be reasonable to ask for $2-3k depending on condition.

You have to remember that these types of wheels have to be sold at a street value, so expecting top retail dollar is tough.
Appreciate all the info and help MBJIMBO....We''l be happy if we can sell them in that range. .Have a great weekend!