Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ or Pilot Sport All Season 4

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2020, 10:34 AM

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
AMG SL63
Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ or Pilot Sport All Season 4

Anyone have experience with one or the other in your AMG?

I had AS3+ on my SL550 and was generally quite pleased with the comfort and grip, although the sidewall was a bit soft. But I also had the smaller diameter 19” wheels.

As I work through the remaining tread on the Contis on my new to me AMG SL63, I am looking for a potential all season option so I can continue to spend time In the seat this fall in colder rainy weekends here in the PNW.

I’ve read that the newer all season 4s don’t really add much in terms of benefit other than an overly stiff sidewall. The key for me is having a tire that doesn’t turn to rock below 55 degrees.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or input!
Old 02-20-2021, 07:20 AM

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
2020 S560 sedan, 2018 Volvo v90 Cross Country
I guess it depends on how much you expect out of your tires. Some people ride on all seasons year round. We really cant in snowy icy states like Maine. I have three vehicles that I drive in the winter, they all have a dedicated winter wheel and tire setup. Its just a way of life here. In Canada you are REQUIRED to have winter tires. The way I look at it is safety first, then convenience. I dont give a crap about road conditions, if I want to go somewhere I do. The people with all season compromise tires on wait until conditions are better, what does that say to you?