Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Spacers for SL600

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2004, 12:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spacers for SL600

Hi, I am thinking about adding spacers to the rear of my 2005 SL600. Any experiences or suggestions on this subject will be greatly appreciated. The rears have stock 18" AMG sport wheels.
Old 08-28-2004, 09:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Spacers are always not recommended to put on a car. You also need longer bolts as well. If you want to achieve that "aggressive" look, get another set of wider wheels!
Old 08-28-2004, 09:58 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, if spacers are not recommended, why do reputable companies like H&R and Eibach make them?

I am using H&R spacers with longer bolts on both my '03 SL500 Sport and E500. Zero issues so far.

On SL with stock AMG wheels first used 10mm H&R spacers with 40mm bolts (stock bolts are 28mm) in the rear, and then 15mm spacers with 45mm bolts to bring the wheel right to the rear fender edge - looked great and handling was improved with wider track. Also, used 5mm H&R spacer with 35mm bolts in the front (same reason - looks and handling) even though H&R says that none of their spacers to be used on the front of R230 SL. Have no clue why, but since 5mm spacer is hub centric, but has no wheel centering hub like 10mm and greater once (these would not fit - I tried - because in SL front hub is to long and any spacer with its own wheel centering hub will not fit) they fit the front like a glove.

BTW does anyone know exactly why both H&R and Eibach say "no spacers for front of R230 SLs?

Luke@TR can set you up with what you need or use ecstuning.com (Audi/VW tuner, but they also specialize in all H&R spacers and bolts products).

To sum up - personally, I have no reservations in using H&R spacers as I have no issues (knock on wood).

Hope it helps.