Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

'13 GL450 Wheel Size

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2021, 03:15 PM

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts
GL450
'13 GL450 Wheel Size

Greetings fellow Benz Buds! Wow that was lame, forget I wrote that!

Just bought my wife a new (used) car since hers got totaled in a Texas Hail Storm a few weeks ago. We picked up a 2013 GL450 with 70k and as clean as a Cat's mouth! Service records from the Dealer shows a very well maintained one owner car and all of the Service points were done as required. Interior is in GREAT shape with just a few paint chips on the skin and a little bit of curb rash on the passenger side wheels. But for the money and the shape it's in we could not be happier!!

It's our first Mercedes and I'm looking forward to dig'n in to it for some subtle changes to the car, like new wheels for instance! I'm no stranger to Forums, currently on a few for my car and Truck so I like to think I know my way around a forum. So lets jump right in with the questions, thanks in advance for the help!!

Can I run 20x9 wheels with 275/40 20 in the front and 20x10 with 295/40 20 in the rear of my (or my Wife's) 2013 GL450?
I want to get a little bit sportier look for the car, will I have to have the PCM reprogramed for a smaller height tire? Any fitment issues in the rear with a wider tire/rim combo?

Thanks Gents!

Chad

Last edited by Tiffany's GL450; 05-26-2021 at 10:47 PM.