Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Spacers on s210 Base

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2021, 10:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S 210 (E 290 TDT) 97
Spacers on s210 Base

Hey guys, surfing forums and different websites I can't find a solution to my issue.

I drive a WDB2102171A201700 Model E290TT from the upper 90s.

I'm trying to fit 18 x 8 with a 37 offset and 235/40 18 in the front.
Mechanic says it clears but there is a couple pieces of paper of space in between the rubber and the upper control arm and sides of the wheel and the shock. No issues with rubber and wheels well/fender.
To give myself some more space I acquired a set of spacers 10mm(non lip ones) , All great until I start to drive and feel shakiness at around 50km/h only to get worse as I speed up.
Took the tires and spacers out put back in my old 10 hole 16" alloys problem fixed.

So my question is/are,
what is your opinion on running these with out any spacers and giving my self little while room? ( i haven't tried running this set up without spacers, as im a bit scared of braking something while i couldve avoid it)
Keep digging and finding either 3mm(no lip) or going for something bigger with a lip that appropriately sits on that thick a$$ front hub and doesn't allow play for the wheel to shake.

I'm visiting alloys web direct only to find that my set up seem to be in a grey area.
I also found other post saying that due to the size of the hub I need special spacers. IE H&R ones, only to found some people saying they still feel vibrations and others dont.

PS; I have been also playing with this website but no clue how good it is, https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/?whe...=30mm&sr=100mm

I don't wanna get banned so if any links are not permitted please delete

New set up, little space

That’s the OEM set up

This is why I like the set up,

Rears no issues ofc.

Last edited by ClaudioHv; 06-05-2021 at 02:29 PM.