Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Parking brake, ABS and Active park assist warning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2021, 06:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLA
Parking brake, ABS and Active park assist warning

Hi everyone,
I was driving the other day and a red parking brake, abs currently unavailable and active park assist functions limited waring came up on my cla. I noticed the steering wheel got heavy and I stopped the car. I rang the garage and they said to bring it in to be scanned but when I turned on the car again the lights were off and steering was fine. I drove home and got into the car yesterday and after driving all lights came on again and same issue with steering. I parked and went to get my own OBD and lights etc off again? Im worried its the brakes but dont understand why warning lights are coming and going? Has this happened to anyone before? Thanks in advance.

Old 10-21-2021, 06:54 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,051 Likes on 972 Posts
1999 E300TD
there is no free fix see someone with factory or equal diagnostics that will find the faults
Old 10-21-2021, 07:08 PM

CLA
Originally Posted by Plutoe
there is no free fix see someone with factory or equal diagnostics that will find the faults
Yeah thanks for pointing out the obvious, I l know I have to get it checked I was just wondering if it had happened to someone before so I know what to expect and if it's safe to drive!
Old 10-21-2021, 08:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,033 Likes on 789 Posts
G550
Just love the "See Owner's Manual" advisory (that tells you to contact your dealer for service). Have you done an OBD scan?
Old 10-22-2021, 03:54 AM

CLA
Originally Posted by streborx
Just love the "See Owner's Manual" advisory (that tells you to contact your dealer for service). Have you done an OBD scan?
I have a regular OBD and no codes were on it but then the lights came on again so Ive rung the garage to check today, he's going to look at the brakes just incase but thinks it might be a sensor so will see. Thanks for the reply streborx I appreciate it 😊