Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Thanks Tirerack.com

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2004, 10:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Thanks Tirerack.com

Got a flat today which killed my 10,000 mile Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 tire. So NOBODY's got this damn tire in stock, (Not even local MB Dealership) & I'm getting crazy...I can't stand & won't drive around with the "donut" on the car, waiting for a 3 - 5 day delivery time to the tire shop, so the car sits on the driveway...

Went to Tirerack.com, they had it in stock at a better price than anyone here could do (if they had them). They shipped it UPS Ground for NEXT DAY DELIVERY within an hour of my placing the order from their warehouse in Delaware to Long Island NY.

The tire came in 11am, the car's at the tire shop an hour later, I'll have it back in an hour or so.

I'm done shopping around for tires. This was easier, cleaner, cheaper, and an overall better experience! Thank You Guys! Who Knew?

Also...Thanks to Weinschela (My post on W 211) for offering the tires he has. It would have been a good deal for me but his car has the Sport Package & came with a slightly different Michelin tire than mine & I didn't want to mix 'n match. There are some nice people on this Forum!
Old 09-28-2004, 11:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 176 Likes on 146 Posts
me: 2015 SL400 & 2015 ML400; wife: 2022 GLC Coupe kid: 2017 GLC SUV
that's a nice story

it's nice to hear something positive. curious about your member-name; are you a former deejay by any chance?
Old 10-04-2004, 10:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 ML 350
Not a DJ

Just a name I chose when I became a user of AOL waaaaaay back in the beginning (actually before AOL offered internet access "Web Crawling" they called it when 1st offered). Screen names had to be shorter then, and since my favorite music is roughly from '58 to '68, I figured the name would indicate that, and my approximate age. Only MY kids (not their friends) have a clue what 45RPM could possibly refer to! ...Therefore you and I should be around the same age!
Old 10-04-2004, 11:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 176 Likes on 146 Posts
me: 2015 SL400 & 2015 ML400; wife: 2022 GLC Coupe kid: 2017 GLC SUV
actually I was born in '58; I had long wanted a tattoo, but couldn't decide what I'd want permanantly inked on my body. as I approached 45, I remembered the 45 adapter (as in my avatar), and between the iconic age and the fact that I'm a former DJ, the tatoo choice was made. I agree that few under forty can even identify the tattoo, and most guess it's some mystical symbol! BTW, hard to believe your e class has a donut, when my C has a full size Pirelli P6, albeit mounted on a 5 spoke, black steel wheel.
Old 10-04-2004, 02:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 ML 350
Knew what they were the minute I saw them!

Actually, having a donut spare is not as terrible as I thought many years ago. When you get a flat, the cars body is naturally low to the ground. Jacking it up & putting on the donut means the car only has to go up a little bit for the inflated donut to clear & bolt up. A full size spare means jacking up the car to its full height...very doable but a waste of time & effort. Since I wouldnt leave a non matching wheel on the car or the donut either, they both have to come off when the tire is patched/replaced, so the lighter weight & ez switch is good enough for me.

But getting the tire from Tirerack was EZ. No wasting time. Now I know I could have had it shipped directly to the installer & it would have been waiting for me... this is the route I'll go in the future. Just wanted to let the folks know it was a good experience.