Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Airmatic strut leak spots

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2022, 04:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes GLC 250d 4Matic
Airmatic strut leak spots

Hello all!

I decided to check the Airmatic struts on my 2016 GLC 250d 4Matic for no reason today, and I noticed brown spots covered in dust/mud/debris on the sides and towards the interior side of both front struts.

In the first image, the green highlighted streaks above the tag are old, since I can remember, the blue area is where I wiped everything to see if it happens again, and before wiping it looked like the red encircled area. The second image is the strut on the other side, with a small area that I wiped off with my finger.

I am not sure if it’s an actual leak or just misting, but I don’t understand why the upper wall is also stained, not just bellow the air bellow? Also, do the air bellows even have oil inside?

A couple of months ago, the dealer said he noticed some stains (and now I’m not sure if he was referring to the green highlighted ones or not), but brushed it off saying that they’ve had multiple GLCs with similar stains but no client ever complained about the air suspension or had any failures.

Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated!