Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Bridgestone Turanza vs. Michelin Energy

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2004, 10:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
94 S350
Bridgestone Turanza vs. Michelin Energy

I have a 1987 420 SEL which I bought almost a year ago. After much research online, I elected to go with the Turanza LS-H for my car. The ratings on Tire Rack were superb, and despite my bad experiences with other Bridgestone tires in the past, I went with the Turanzas over the Energy tires.

Now, I'm having trouble getting the slight shake out of the front end around 77-85mph. I don't drive it much on the road - mainly city driving, so it has not been that big of a deal to me, but lately I've started to take it on trips. I took it to have the wheels balanced 'on the car' by a highly recommended shop in the Atlanta area, and the guys that run the shop were totally dissing the tires as if they were crap. Did I mention they were a Michelin dealer, hehe. Anyway, they weren't able to get the fronts balanced and blamed the brake calipers, which is another story that I'm dealing with on Monday.

Has anyone put these tires on a 126 Benz? If so, any feedback is appreciated - smooth ride, rough ride, good traction, etc. For the record, I like the tires personally. They get great traction in the rain which is a big concern to me. I'm beginning to think there may be something else going on that could be causing the shake.

Thanks for any input you may have!
Old 10-02-2004, 10:24 PM

'07 CLK 350 Coupe, '03 E500 Sport;'02 E320 4Matic; ,08 Jaguar XJ; 10 E350 '65 Alfa Giulia Sprint GT
I've had Bridgestone Turanza LH-S's on my '97 E320 for about 20,000 miles. The Michelins are a smoother riding tire and I do notice a mild vibration at highway speeds with the Bridgestones. The Bridgestones did get smoother with age. I find them better in the wet but not as good in the dry compared with the Michelins. Overall, they are quite acceptable general use tires. They are not racing tires, but are competent passenger car tires.

Are your tires new? they may need to break in a little before you can balance them well.
Old 10-03-2004, 01:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 R230 SL55 / 94 W124 E500
Thumbs up

Bridgestone Turanza is one of the best tires out there . i compared it to many other tires, and i found out this:
1- very quiet tire even in rough roads .
2- no balancing problems on my CLK
3- it handels really good
4- cheaper than , Michelins, Goodyear, and Pirelli.
Old 10-07-2004, 01:47 AM

94 S350
I found my problem. I have bent wheels. I had a feeling it wasn't the tires, but I couldn't isolate the problem. Now I know...