Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Yokohama V4S review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2004, 10:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'05 A4 1.8TQM6
Yokohama V4S review

Just got the Yoko V4S's put onto the w220 today. All I can say so far is DAMN.

These are day and night difference from the ContiCH95's that came with the car. It is QUIET at speeds below 50 and on the highway, minimal road noise. It feels like the car is just "gliding" along the roadways cuz it absorbs the bumps so well and the ride comfort.

It was dry and sunny today, so I can't say yet about wet driving. We've only put about 50 miles on them today but definitely a positive experience so far!
Old 10-12-2004, 01:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
S, GL, Escalade ESV, my shoes
I just put on Goodyear GS-D3 Eagle F1. Maaaannnn, I had Michelin Sport Pilot before it, which was good (sticky & stable), but a bit noisy and tram lining on southern CA freeway.

W/ the Goodyear, it's even ...better: more sticky, quieter, more stable, no more tram lining. I got 25K mile our of the Michelin, wonder what would it be for the F1.

Tire looks nice to.

Originally Posted by GDawgC220

These are day and night difference from the ContiCH95's that came with the car. It is QUIET at speeds below 50 and on the highway, minimal road noise. It feels like the car is just "gliding" along the roadways cuz it absorbs the bumps so well and the ride comfort.

It was dry and sunny today, so I can't say yet about wet driving. We've only put about 50 miles on them today but definitely a positive experience so far!
Old 10-27-2005, 02:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GDawgC220

Amazing tires, this is my 5th day on V4s and hte performance on stock 16" rims is out of this world, at least after Conti CH95's.
Cornering, smooooth ride, dead silence from the tires--full package for me.

Anybody who is not happy with ride quality on 18"'s should try these Yoko's on stock 16" rims. I will not ever put 18" back on the car.
34psi works for me very well.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S500/W220/2000
I too have the Goodyear Eagle F1s and cannot get over what a fantastic tire they are. I had them put on 18" AMG double-spoke wheels. My OEMs were 16" Michelines and I was afraid that the ride would be much rougher w/ the lower profile F1s, but the ride has actually improved markedly! I had Micheline X-Ice tires put on my old wheels and will be putting them on in a month or two. No idea what ride will be on the X-s.