Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

changing tire stem at dealership, am i being unreasonable?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2022, 04:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300
changing tire stem at dealership, am i being unreasonable?

I changed my two front tires at dealership for my 2014 W204 three weeks ago. One of them won't hold pressure. I brought in to check last Tue. The issue is because of the leaking tire stem. I have it replaced. Upon the service completion, their system was down, and they kept me waiting to pay. The service advisor left for lunch while my car was right outside awaiting for pick up. I finally told one of the guys there to give my key and send me bill to pay after the 3 hours mark (since I was in).

The final invoice is: part (stem&weight) $94, labor $175 and miscellaneous: $29. I called back to ask what the miscellaneous is about. I was told it's for fluid top off, part disposal etc. I told them this has nothing to do with replacing tire stem and should be removed. The advisor refused to do so and asked me to talk with his supervisor. The truth is that this advisor charged me around $50 for supply and hazard disposal (on top of tire disposal fee charged) three weeks ago while I had two tires replaced. I had to talk to his supervisor to get them removed. The advisor did the same thing this time.
Old 12-06-2022, 09:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,014 Likes on 774 Posts
G550
Outrageous! $300 for a $5 tire stem that should have been replaced with the new tire install. This dealer's a crook. Start shopping at an independent tire shop where they'll do it right the first time.
The following users liked this post:
GregScheller (01-01-2023)