Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

tire recommendation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2023, 03:03 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
06 e350 17 glc300
tire recommendation

hello folks

i have an 2006 e350 that i bought that i hardly use. it just turn 16k miles. unfortunately, the one time i decide to use it i caught a blowout on my passenger rear tire. the tire size as written on the tire appears to be a michelin mxv4 plus 225/55 r16 95h. i have search everywhere for this and cant find it. i suspect its been discontinued. i have emailed tire rack for advice on the matter but so far its been ignored.

can someone recommend similar michelin tire or better? i plan to replace both rear tires

thank you

Last edited by yikes; 03-14-2023 at 05:19 PM.
Old 03-15-2023, 06:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 725 Likes on 541 Posts
2015 E400 Sedan
Michelin 225/55R16 ENERGY MXV4 PLUS | Tire Outlet

from reading specs....
Not manufactured anymore.

Also IMHO kinda a crap tire. only 40AA with a 55 aspect ratio?
Not a performance sie yet you get the life of performance tire.

Maybe bext to change both tires on one axle?

IF you find one it will be NOS and OLD and prone to dry rot etc.
Old 03-16-2023, 08:17 AM

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts
2016 GLE 350 4Matic, 2019 GLS 450 4Matic
Originally Posted by yikes
hello folks

i have an 2006 e350 that i bought that i hardly use. it just turn 16k miles. unfortunately, the one time i decide to use it i caught a blowout on my passenger rear tire. the tire size as written on the tire appears to be a michelin mxv4 plus 225/55 r16 95h. i have search everywhere for this and cant find it. i suspect its been discontinued. i have emailed tire rack for advice on the matter but so far its been ignored.

can someone recommend similar michelin tire or better? i plan to replace both rear tires

thank you
Go to https://www.tirerack.com/content/tir.../en/tires.html and enter your vehicle information for: Shop Tires>Shop By Vehicle. There are 12 variations of the E350 so you'll have to identify the correct model and options. There could be a variety of reasons for not hearing back by email, but for the quickest response I've always called for direct information. When you compare tires you'll get to scroll down and look at performance ratings that matter to you such wet, dry, winter/snow, and so on.
Even if you don't buy from them it's a good reference source.

Last edited by SUV John; 03-16-2023 at 08:20 AM.
Old 03-16-2023, 01:48 PM

06 e350 17 glc300
Originally Posted by SUV John
Go to https://www.tirerack.com/content/tir.../en/tires.html and enter your vehicle information for: Shop Tires>Shop By Vehicle. There are 12 variations of the E350 so you'll have to identify the correct model and options. There could be a variety of reasons for not hearing back by email, but for the quickest response I've always called for direct information. When you compare tires you'll get to scroll down and look at performance ratings that matter to you such wet, dry, winter/snow, and so on.

thanks for the reply. tire rack finally got back to me. apparently they do not have my size in michelin. they showed me the continentals. my wife had a 2007 c300 way back when and continentals grew bubbles on the side wall of 2 of the tires. they are not for me

i have emails michelin for recommendations
awaiting their answer

thanks again
Old 03-16-2023, 01:54 PM

06 e350 17 glc300
Originally Posted by SUV John
Originally Posted by ygmn
Michelin 225/55R16 ENERGY MXV4 PLUS | Tire Outlet

from reading specs....
Not manufactured anymore.

Also IMHO kinda a crap tire. only 40AA with a 55 aspect ratio?
Not a performance sie yet you get the life of performance tire.

Maybe bext to change both tires on one axle?

IF you find one it will be NOS and OLD and prone to dry rot etc.

youre probably right, these tire must be NOS as i dont see them anywhere else. my plan was swap out the 2 rear tires. btw, do you have a recommendation on a better michelin tire? im kinda partial to michelin as ive alway ran them on every car ive owned. do i need to swap out all 4 if i do this?

thanks