Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Nokian WRs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2004, 07:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'16 E250 BlueTec 4MATIC
Nokian WRs

Just got a set of Nokian WR tires installed on my 99 E300 Turbodiesel, then drove from Colorado to California on them (including over two snowy passes).

So far so good - I'll report back when I get back into some serious snow, but so far they're stable and quiet on all except really bumpy roads.

Got them in Colorado Springs at Rex Tire, who gave exceptional service and a pretty good price ($650 all-in, including installation, tax, balancing, and disposal). I had them installed on the stock 215/55-R16 alloy wheels.

Anyone else have experience with these tires?
Old 10-23-2007, 10:45 AM

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts
S213 2020 E450 4Matic CDN Spec 07/19 build
Hi everyone.

I'm bumping this thread because my tire dealer up here in Canada is trying to convince me that this All-Season tire is a great winter tire.

I'm used to having separate winter (Nokian Hakkapellitas... sic?) and summer tires, because I've bought into the "all-season really means not optimal for any season" mantra, and I want serious snow tires for ski season (Whistler... YEAH!).

Can anyone comment on whether these Nokian WRs somehow break with tradition?

Thanx!

Murray
Old 10-25-2007, 08:33 PM

2013 E350 4matic coupe, 2013 C300 4 matic
I have the Nokian WR's on two of our Mazda 3's in Calgary Alberta. They are 17" low profile and have been on two winters and about 35,000 kms. each. So far they have been great in the winter on front wheel drive cars. They are the only all season tire to get the true snow tire rating. They also have a tread wear warranty. The drawbacks would be that as they wear the tread gets a litle noisy but then the Mazda 3 doesn't have great road noise isolation and compared to a more performance tire of the same size they are slightly softer in the sidewalls. I don't know how they would perform on a rear drive car but I would sure consider them for an AWD car. A friend had them on his Lexus ls 430 in the winter and was happy. Hope this helps.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:39 PM

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts
S213 2020 E450 4Matic CDN Spec 07/19 build
Originally Posted by jsmith18
I have the Nokian WR's on two of our Mazda 3's in Calgary Alberta. They are 17" low profile and have been on two winters and about 35,000 kms. each. So far they have been great in the winter on front wheel drive cars. They are the only all season tire to get the true snow tire rating. They also have a tread wear warranty. The drawbacks would be that as they wear the tread gets a litle noisy but then the Mazda 3 doesn't have great road noise isolation and compared to a more performance tire of the same size they are slightly softer in the sidewalls. I don't know how they would perform on a rear drive car but I would sure consider them for an AWD car. A friend had them on his Lexus ls 430 in the winter and was happy. Hope this helps.
Thanks for taking the time to reply.

How's their summer performance?
Old 11-03-2007, 11:36 AM

2006 ML500 (mine) and 2008 ML550 (hers)
Nokian WR on ML500 and ML550

About a month ago I put Nokian WR's on my ML500. Dry performance was a bit softer around corners than originial continental contact 4x4's, but straight line they were quiet and were stable through bumps. No snow experience yet, but I liked them enough to put them on my ML550 I just got last week.
Old 12-20-2007, 10:26 PM

a few
just found this thread...i live in the NYC burbs so we get some real snow. WRs are more than sufficient on either rear or front wheel drive. An 03 maxima with WRs ran circles around my buddys pathfinder with stock tires in about 7 inches of snow. I run the WRs on all of the cars i drive in the winter. On the 330XI they are just silly, the car is on rails in the white stuff.