Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

CLS550 Axle Replaced Clicking

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2023, 08:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 CLS550
CLS550 Axle Replaced Clicking

TLDR: Axle replaced but is still clicking when it’s cold outside. Is this common? The car is also drifting right now. Can’t tell if they actually replaced or what the heck is going on. Any insight is appreciated.

I was told in August that a boot was torn and when I didn’t replace had to replace an axle in December - I’ve been lied to by the dealer locally so I was taking it to a shop specializing in German cars.

They were great but were apparently sold and started acting very much like the dealer so took it to another similar shop with good reviews. They told me axle needed to be replaced for $2500. I called the dealers who quoted $2100 and when I called the shop back they said they’d see what they could do.

Next day they say they started work on the car and ended up breaking a sensor that was brittle so cost was $3200 but they’d discount to $2400. Annoyed that they stated work but what can I do. I paid and left.

The axle is still clicking but only when it’s cold outside. Is this common? The car is also drifting right now. Can’t tell if they actually replaced or what the heck is going on.

Ive searched these forums but appreciate any guidance specific to my issue above. At this point I’m leasing my next car so I don’t have to deal with dishonest shops and dealerships.