Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Source for hydraulic lines

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2024, 01:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e320
Source for hydraulic lines

Good afternoon all,

I have a 2003/2002 E320 station wagon, W210. This vehicle has the self leveling suspension in the rear only. The hydraulic fluid is run off the power steering pump. Recently one of the lines appears to have rusted through and started leaking. Cold and frost set in and I haven't been able to look closer other than to get a general idea of where the leak is coming from.

Checking online it looked as if many of the Mercedes lines are either not for sale or discontinued except for one high pressure line. I don't think this is where the leak is. I called up my nearest dealer and the parts department confirmed that is the case. I have read the posts and such about deleting the whole thing and considered it a while ago when one of my shocks went but decided to stick with the system in place no matter what a PIA it is. I figured it would probably be cheaper at this point to just to make my own lines. I do almost all the work on the car myself and feel comfortable with the job. I might need to buy some more tools but who doesn't want to buy more tools? I have some good independent shops near me but the car is kind of a beater at this point with 185000 miles. Labor rates what the are, any professional repair would probably be a third to half the value of the car. Plus doing it myself means more tools. Did I mention more tools!

What I can't seem to identify or locate is a good source or brand of line and fittings to buy. I don't know the sizes or working pressures etc and what is the best steel/metal composition to install. There seems to be no shortage of brake line sources out there. I don't know if these suspension lines are significantly different. Any directions to point me in or help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Old 01-23-2024, 05:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 702 Likes on 522 Posts
2015 E400 Sedan
try local auto parts store or hydraulic hose shop and see if they can make them based on your old ones.