Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Possible suspension issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2024, 01:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 mercedes benz cls 550
Possible suspension issue

Just got my first mercedes a 2013 cls 550 2 days ago from a used dealer. 2 days go by and i was driving it on the freeway going speed limit 65 and didn’t hit a bump or anything but i heard a loud sudden bang or pop like my tire blew out or popped, the tire pressure sensor went on but went off and on came a indication saying vehicle too low do not drive so i pulled over. Tire was fine but the front left driver’s side of the car sagged down. Car drives fine with no grinding but says to not drive. Wondering what the issue could be and how long it would take to fix.
Old 07-02-2024, 06:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 692 Likes on 514 Posts
2015 E400 Sedan
You have airmatic suspension???
probably the LF bag popped and leaked down.
Old 07-02-2024, 01:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 mercedes benz cls 550
Not sure if i do or dont but i think i dont. I do have a button in the vehicle that can automatically lift or lower the suspension next to the sportmode button. On the rear trunk it just says cls 550 on the left and nothing on the right side.. Car drives completely fine but just the front left driver side tire/tire area sags dow and a cluster indicator says “vehicle too low stop driving”.At first it sounded almost exactly like a tire popping like i ran something over but there was no bump or anything in the road. Took it to mercedes and they said the same thing but i couldn’t get it diagnosed, my dealership was being sketchy and didn’t want to give me any warranty info and to just take it back to them.