Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

AIRMATIC mystery

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2024, 11:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 Mercedes cls550 and 2010 Mercedes GLK350
AIRMATIC mystery

Hello, new member and first post, longtime lurker. I drive a 2012 CLS550. For about 2 years, the right rear end would lower over night, and when I started the vehicle, it would just correct itself. I knew there was obviously a leak somewhere, but I figured I’d go as long as possible before needing to dig into this crap. First off, about 3 months ago, I replaced the compressor and both relays in the engine and trunk, which worked fine. Now Last week I started my vehicle, and the rear end was slammed on both sides. The vehicle stated, “Rising, please wait." The compressor would cycle on and off with the Rising message displayed but no rise. I went ahead and replaced the driver rear air spring (which was absolutely crazy and was stuck beyond being stuck; I ended up taking the control arm off and using a blow torch and pry bar to get it out), which did not help. I replaced the air valve block today, and that also did not help. Now, after replacing the block when starting the vehicle, the compressor only stays on for 30 seconds, shuts off, and won't turn back on. The display states, “Car too low pull over,” and all four sides are slammed due to changing the valve block, which lets all air out of the system. I also noticed the rise button on the center console will not engage or light up red when pressed. My only thoughts would be that maybe the relays have gone bad, and that's why the compressor won't stay on and fill the system. If anyone with some knowledge on this could chime in, I would be so grateful.