Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

W204 Brake Light Weirdness

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2024, 04:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 W204 C220 cdi estate
W204 Brake Light Weirdness

Hi all, first time posting here
I have a 2009 C220 cdi estate 6 speed manual, and have a weird issue with my brake lights…

Basically my brake lights were stuck on permanently, so changed the pedal sensor with genuine mb - no change

however, while messing around with it, I tried the brake lights with the sensor unplugged, and they work perfectly!

unfortunately I now have abs, esp and ebd warnings on my dash, which I can live with, but the MOT tester won’t be happy with in October

can anyone help?? I’ve been scratching my head for a while trying to figure out where the lights can be getting the signal to work from, and nobody else has been able to point me in the right direction

if I can’t solve it, and it’s going to be a massive cost to get it diagnosed and resolved, I’ll have to move the car on, which is a shame as I like driving it

also got to factor in the parking brake cable snapped after this issue and needs to be repaired, but this happened after this problem started

thanks in advance!