Wheels and Tires The archived forum for wheels and tires for sale by members. Browse newer listings and create your own in our new Marketplace.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: MB Part Haus
Mark this thread as Unsold

Feeler: Lorinser LM5 18" Wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 08:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
GL450
Feeler: Lorinser LM5 18" Wheels

Switching to AMG rims, once they're installed, my Lorinser LM5 rims are up for sale.

They're Real
Here's the thread where some people suggest they might be fake/replica, and the Lorinser rep for North America confirms they're real.
https://mbworld.org/forums/wheels-ti...what-they.html

Specs
The Lorinser LM5 retails for $1,500 each ($6,000 for the set). They are staggered, 18" x 8.5 front, 18" x 9.5 rear. I believe the offset is ET 35 mm, but I am not sure. These are currently on a W210 E class, but with this size should fit most Mercedes (C, E, CLK, SLK should work, SL, CL, and S I think will fit too).

Condition
The rears are in good shape. Very little baked on brake dust. One has a small (1.5 inch) curb scrape. The other has two curb scrapes. They are pretty subtle, and hard to see unless up close.

The fronts have been, to be honest, curbed pretty well by the previous owner. I have consulted a wheel repair shop (they are the wheel repair contractor for the local Benz dealership) and they have said they can easily repair all damage, both to the front and rear wheels, to practically like new condition. They will repair all curb damage, polish out the baked on break dust, and respray the whole wheel with clearcoat.

If you are interested in these wheels, let me know if you want them:
1) as is (to repair the fronts yourself)
2) with the fronts professionally repaired before I ship them to you (I would opt for this, as I think the rears are clean enough I wouldn't spend the money to refinish them)
3) all 4 professionally refinished (if you want them to look nearly new)

Tires
I'm planning to sell these without tires. If you want them with tires, let me know fast before I switch them to my AMG rims.

Price
Price will have to depend on whether you want them refinished prior to shipping, as well as your shipping location. I will be very reasonable, though, and whoever gets these will get them cheap. If you are interested, let me know, and we can discuss what you want and work on a price.

Here are some pictures of them on the car:

Last edited by saintz; 07-29-2009 at 09:13 PM.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GL450
No longer a feeler, now for sale, waiting for my new rims.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GL450
Bump, let me know if you're interested.
Old 07-31-2009, 01:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W210 E55, W211 E3504M, E90 325i
Saintz, please quote me (shipped to 22182) a) with the fronts refinished and b) all 4 refinished - just the wheels.

How do the fronts fit? Caliper clearance?
Old 08-10-2009, 04:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2006 C350 Sport 6MT
The offsets are 38 all around.

For the C you will need 7mm spacers. For the E55 (03-05) you will need 20mm spacers. If anyone needs them PM me. The wheels will probably already have 20mm spacers with them.

I'm glad we straightened the authenticity of the rims out