Wheels and Tires The archived forum for wheels and tires for sale by members. Browse newer listings and create your own in our new Marketplace.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: MB Part Haus
Mark this thread as Sold

FS: Evo II wheels (17 x 8.25)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 10:32 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
300D, 500E, E420
FS: Evo II wheels (17 x 8.25)

I got these wheels in spring 2010, after much hassle... the seller was happy to take my money in late 2009 but then lost interesting in shipping them. It took ~6 months of emails and phone calls to finally get them delivered. They were supposed to be clean, straight, and with good tires. When they arrived I found 3 straight, 1 bent, and four tires with more cracks than a plumber's convention. Oh well, that's what I get for buying from an out-of-state Craigslist ad. *sigh*

The bent/damaged wheel looks un-fixable to me, but I never brought it to a wheel shop to inquire about repairs. The other three checked out almost flawlessly straight via dial indicator. Since a set of 3 doesn't do me much good, I've decided to let them go to a new home. I was half tempted to use one for the spare tire well (since the stock 16" spare won't clear Silver Arrow brakes). But I'd rather get a cheaper wheel for a spare that will hopefully never see the light of day.

Details on each wheel are below. Current MSRP on these wheels is $605 each. Lowest price available new is via Parts.com for approx $480 each delivered. These are the "high sheen" wheels which have a machined finish with clearcoat, which is period correct for the 124.036 chassis. The older Evo-II wheels for the 201.036 have a "sterling silver" painted finish.

Detailed photos are at this link. A sample photo of each wheel is attached below.

Wheel 1: Asking $300. Very good condition. Zero curb rash. Minor imperfections in the clearcoat.

Wheel 2: Asking $275. Good condition. Very minor curb rash. Moderate imperfections in the clearcoat.

Wheel 3: Asking $275. Good condition. Very minor curb rash. Moderate imperfections in the clearcoat. One spot of clearcoat separation near one lug bolt hole.

Wheel 4: Asking $125. Bad condition. Large gouge in front edge. Major imperfections in the clearcoat. Wheel is bent significantly on the inside edge. If this is fixable (which it may not be) it would need the gouge repaired (welding?), straightening, and refinishing. I don't really think anyone would want this but figured I'd offer it anyway. I was going to bolt it to my house and use it as a garden hose reel.

If you need spares, or want a pair for track tires, etc... these would be perfect. If you need them to look perfect you should be able to have a wheel shop re-clearcoat them (at least for the three straight wheels). Email me with any questions. PayPal is fine.

Attached Thumbnails FS: Evo II wheels (17 x 8.25)-evo_whl1_01.jpg   FS: Evo II wheels (17 x 8.25)-evo_whl2_01.jpg   FS: Evo II wheels (17 x 8.25)-evo_whl3_01.jpg   FS: Evo II wheels (17 x 8.25)-evo_whl4_01.jpg   FS: Evo II wheels (17 x 8.25)-evoii_wheel_data1.jpg  

FS: Evo II wheels (17 x 8.25)-evoii_wheel_data2.jpg  
Old 02-06-2011, 10:33 PM

300D, 500E, E420
ð
Attached Thumbnails FS: Evo II wheels (17 x 8.25)-evoii_wheel_data3.jpg  
Old 02-17-2011, 04:53 PM

300D, 500E, E420
Bump. Make offer... prefer to sell as a set...

Old 07-15-2011, 02:01 PM

300D, 500E, E420
Sold several months ago - thanks for your interest!