Wheels and Tires The archived forum for wheels and tires for sale by members. Browse newer listings and create your own in our new Marketplace.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: MB Part Haus
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS: 2 Continental Contiprocontact 245/40/18 tires

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 01:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 E350
Smile FS: 2 Continental Contiprocontact 245/40/18 tires

Why do I have these tires?

Road damage to one of my rear tires forced me to look for a used replacement. Since all three of the remaining tire had 6mm of tread left I wanted to find an acceptable used tire to put on to get another 10k or 12k out of the set. Searched high and low here around the Miami area, went to dozens of used tire places, but no one had size 265/35/18. Unbelievable! MIAMI, used tire places everywhere, NO 265/35/18's, literally. This is the OEM brand and is standard size for E350 rears.

Anyway, So I bit the bullet and bought a set of 4 new Firestone Fire Hawk Wide Oval Indy 500's. Tossed the good rear tire and obviously the damaged one, but saved the fronts which are 245/40/18's. So this is how I came to have them.

Never been plugged, wear is even, in very good condition. Sitting in my garage. Mercedes measured them at 6mm the day they were taken off.

Tires are in the Miami, FL area. Hoping to help someone out who might be in the same situation....that is....looking for a tire to complete a semi worn set to get the remaining miles for the rest.

Besides, it's hard to trust used tire places, all the tires have plugs and other problems, so it's nice to know that you are getting a used tire that has no issues from a fellow member.

Pictures upon request.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 E350
Decided not to sell these

Not selling these after all.