MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   Wheels and Tires (https://mbworld.org/forums/wheels-tires-97/)
-   -   WTT/WTS 19' HRE 540 step lip wheels (https://mbworld.org/forums/wheels-tires/411138-wtt-wts-19-hre-540-step-lip-wheels.html)

Nasty50-Five 08-10-2011 11:46 PM

WTT/WTS 19'' HRE 540 step lip wheels

Looking to trade (maybe sell) my 19" HRE 540 wheels for your wheels, let me know what you got. Bought these wheels but wasn't told I needed spacers until these were built. Nothing wrong with the wheels but I'm not into using spacers. These were built for my E55 but was told that they would fit C63's the way they are without spacers. To make these fit an E55 you would need spacers. Front wheels look good, rears need spacers. Wheels are freshly rebuilt, with tires that have good tread, (90% tread). They have not been driven on by me, I only mounted them on tonight to see how they look without spacers. You can see the pic below. The way you will get them is the way they were shipped to me, They have matte black centers with polished lip (step lips). I would consider any wheels you guys have, I would even consider stockers (CLS55 wheels) or anything else in between, looking for 19" or 20". Bottom line is I'm just tired of waiting and want to get wheels for my car. I would prefer local guys here in the SF Bay Area so you can see the wheels in person and I can trade/sell the wheels on the spot. Obviously your wheels would need to be in similar condition with tires. Like I said before, I would prefer to trade but If someone wants to buy them we can talk. Looking to get $2500 obo. Feel free to pm me any question you have incase I didn't answer it already, I check this site daily. :y Thanks.

Here is the original build thread.
https://mbworld.org/forums/wheels-ti...fire-sale.html

Pics are here :y http://www.flickr.com/photos/nasty50...7627406051958/

TheVazha 08-11-2011 12:46 AM

Bro you and I should trade for a couple of months. I can meet you half way!

You will not be disappointed by some 19's!

:y

Nasty50-Five 08-11-2011 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by TheVazha (Post 4789688)
Bro you and I should trade for a couple of months. I can meet you half way!

You will not be disappointed by some 19's!

:y

LOL! Let me just say you have great taste in wheels :y While as tempting as that sounds, I really would like to just trade someone straight up or sell these to someone who wants a nice set of wheels. You never know though, I might take you up on that offer:naughty:

Nasty50-Five 08-11-2011 08:43 PM

Here are some more pics.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nasty50...7627412484070/

Forgot to mention tire sizes are 235/35/19 fronts with 265/30/19 rears

Ap1Nyt 08-11-2011 09:55 PM

Wish the rears were a bit more aggressive, i would have been down to trade for my DPE's.

FromM3toE55 08-11-2011 10:18 PM

pm sent

Nasty50-Five 08-11-2011 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Ap1Nyt (Post 4790828)
Wish the rears were a bit more aggressive, i would have been down to trade for my DPE's.

Yeah, I know, thats why I'm selling them. But like I said, you can get spacers to make them more aggressive.

obsidian05e55 08-12-2011 03:14 PM

Could always just get a larger rear lip. :nix:

_AMG_ 08-12-2011 03:30 PM

Beautiful wheels!! GLWS.

Nasty50-Five 08-12-2011 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by obsidian05e55 (Post 4791755)
Could always just get a larger rear lip. :nix:

I could, but lets just say this whole wheel build left a bad taste in my mouth, and I'm over playing the waiting game. No more wheel builds for me unless the guy is local so I can pay him a visit when he stops responding to emails and phone calls.

Originally Posted by _AMG_ (Post 4791772)
Beautiful wheels!! GLWS.

Thank you.:y

TheVazha 08-12-2011 10:43 PM

Are they 18's stepped up to 19' or 19's stepped up to 20'?

Nasty50-Five 08-12-2011 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by TheVazha (Post 4792210)
Are they 18's stepped up to 19' or 19's stepped up to 20'?

They are 18" stepped up to 20"........... J/K:rolf: 18" stepped up to 19"

B. Gorman 08-13-2011 12:39 AM

Yes....I would be the bad taste in his mouth!!! I would also like to apologize to you on the forum also...for just dropping the ball on your build! Please accept my apology...things have been hectic for me lately with a lot of family issues (not all bad....just really time consuming)!!! I'm not making an excuse...just apologizing and asking your forgiveness for my absent minded neglect!!! I also apologize to anyone else who's build has been delayed!!! :slap:

So here is how I plan to make it right....if I can at all!!!! :naughty::naughty::naughty:

B. Gorman 08-13-2011 12:56 AM

I can send you these...FREE!!!!

(4) New rolled step lips....1/2" wider in the rear!!!
(Then you can get them rebuilt locally)!!!
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...813_002826.jpg

Just send me the ones on there back when you can....
or I can give you a few hundred back to compensate you for your time!!!

The reason I also apologized on the forum (as well as to you)...is because, as a sponsor on here, I feel that I have an obligation to my customers and members to exhibit a degree of public accountability (as all the sponsors should). I also thank you for being a total gentleman and not complaining on the forum (or really even to me for that matter)! In this my friend, you have been better than me (I'm just keeping it real)!

I do a lot of builds (too many at times), and as a "One Man Show" I sometimes also get overwhelmed, and in some cases fall short of the expectations of my valued customers (you all know who you are)! I would like to say that, no matter what, I always try to overcompensate and make it right in the end!

Again...a deserved explanation...but No Excuses....just keeping it real!

Nasty50-Five 08-13-2011 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by B. Gorman (Post 4792316)
I can send you these...FREE!!!!

(4) New rolled step lips....1/2" wider in the rear!!!
(Then you can get them rebuilt locally)!!!
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...813_002826.jpg

Just send me the ones on there back when you can....
or I can give you a few hundred back to compensate you for your time!!!

The reason I also apologized on the forum (as well as to you)...is because, as a sponsor on here, I feel that I have an obligation to my customers and members to exhibit a degree of public accountability (as all the sponsors should). I also thank you for being a total gentleman and not complaining on the forum (or really even to me for that matter)! In this my friend, you have been better than me (I'm just keeping it real)!

I do a lot of builds (too many at times), and as a "One Man Show" I sometimes also get overwhelmed, and in some cases fall short of the expectations of my valued customers (you all know who you are)! I would like to say that, no matter what, I always try to overcompensate and make it right in the end!

Again...a deserved explanation...but No Excuses....just keeping it real!

Save the sad story for someone else bro!

Plain and simple, I would rather chop my right hand off than do business with you ever again. I won't go into details on here unless it's gets ugly, but anyone who want details can pm me, and I would be happy to explain what I went through in this wheel build. Sorry Bill, but now it's my turn to keep it "real". :y

B. Gorman 08-13-2011 02:09 AM

No problem here man...I have publicly apologized!!!! I have no problem manning up to my faults, short comings, or imperfections whatsoever!

I said that in this whole ordeal...you were the better man and that I dropped the ball big time. I also ask for your forgiveness publicly and am trying to make it right!

I have no argument with you....I'm wrong...it is what it is! There is nothing to get ugly!

I have nothing to hide, and I'm also not trying to deny anything. If you like, you can post your whole experience in the Seller Feedback forum!

I'm also sorry for posting in this for sale thread, but hopefully..maybe it will help you sell them or get a good trade (especially with new wider lips available)!

My offer still stands, hopefully it can compensate in some way!

theblckghst 08-13-2011 05:41 AM

Nasty, I totally understand where you're coming from. I had some guy dlck me down on a Kenne Bell supercharger I bought for my mustang a couple years ago. I paid 4k and I didnt recieve any of the brackets, mounting hardware, hoses, relays, and a few other parts. It was over 1200 in parts that I needed. The guy told me to go f*ck myself, and Kenne Bell wouldnt sell the parts out of their package. I lost a bunch of money on the deal and my wife was PISSED. But Bill has made the attempt to right his wrong. I think that says something about him. I had a set of wheels built by Bill and I havent had any issues with him, he has been a stand up guy. I'm not trying to tell you what to do, but I would take Bill up on his offer, those wheels are too nice to just part with so quickly. I paid 3600 for a set of Vellano VSO 20"s with tires, from the factory I would have easily paid 5k or more. I know that Hennessy's prices arent anywhere as good as B. Gorman's. Just some food for thought bro.

B. Gorman 08-13-2011 09:10 AM

Bump!!!!

Lets get these sold or traded!!!

These wheels will fit the following as is with NO Spacers:

W204 AMG C63
W204
W212
New E coupes!

They will fit E class W211 (with 10-15mm spacers) .
I will provide spacers for free! :y

I will also rebuild these wheels and change all four lips (making the rears wider) free of charge to whoever buys them! :zoom:
I have the lips in stock now, or I can just ship them to you (free of charge)!

TheVazha 08-13-2011 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by B. Gorman (Post 4792486)
Bump!!!!

W204 AMG C63
W204
W212
New E coupes!

I will also rebuild these wheels and change all four lips (making the rears wider) free of charge to whoever buys them! :zoom:

Wow, this is getting interesting! Someone jump on these wheels before I do and the wife cuts off ze Johnson!

TheVazha 08-13-2011 12:14 PM

Nasty will you please post or send me pics mounted on the ride? I want to see pics from the side looking at the whole car in the shot...

Nasty50-Five 08-13-2011 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by TheVazha (Post 4792612)
Nasty will you please post or send me pics mounted on the ride? I want to see pics from the side looking at the whole car in the shot...

I will try and do it soon, although this weekend is a busy weekend for me so I can't promise anything. I will see if my bro took pics when the wheels were on the car and post them on here.

Nasty50-Five 08-13-2011 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by B. Gorman (Post 4792486)
Bump!!!!

W204 AMG C63
W204
W212
New E coupes!

WHAT!! This is my whole issue! Where are my spacers??? You told me you sent those 3 weeks ago and I still dont have them. And when I try to call you or text you or pm you for the status, guess what I get? NO RESPONSE! Now you want to save face with any potential customers you might have and offer a great deal so you don't lose business. what happened to my build? I waited 10 months for these wheels and am still waiting for the spacers, (which I'm sure you didn't send out yet). You can keep them now.

And for the record, this is the 2nd set of wheels B. Gorman built for me, I am not knocking his workmanship, I had no issues with the first set other than that they didn't fit my car the way I wanted them to. (I couldn't lower the car because the tires rubbed) not B.Gormans fault, I'll take that blame. My issue here is time frame it took him to complete my wheels, and not delivering on parts he promised. ie. spacers/lugs

Anyone that wants to buy these wheels from me and take Bill up on his offer can have at it. Only thing I'm promising is what I have in my possesion (the four HRE wheels with tires), what you and Bill agree to is another story.

Nasty50-Five 08-15-2011 01:34 PM

Bump!

Nasty50-Five 08-15-2011 08:08 PM

Ok some of you have been asking about the wheel offset. So I took some measurements and this is what I got. I hope I did it right, and if someone thinks I got it wrong feel free to make corrections. Thanks

Front wheel width: 10.187"
Front Wheel backspace: 6.299"
10.187" ÷ 2= 5.09"
5.09" - 6.299"= -1.209" or -31mm offset

Rear wheel width: 10.75"
Rear wheel backspace:7.283"
10.75" ÷ 2= 5.375"
5.375" - 7.283"= -1.908" or -48mm offset

TheVazha 08-17-2011 01:25 AM

Where my pics at?? :)

I have a couple offers on my HRE's and I DO NOT want to sell them until I find a replacement set!