Wheels and Tires The archived forum for wheels and tires for sale by members. Browse newer listings and create your own in our new Marketplace.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: MB Part Haus
Mark this thread as Unsold

Spare 20" wheel(s) w/runflat tire for GL320/350/450 in NorCal...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 05:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'97 E320
Spare 20" wheel(s) w/runflat tire for GL320/350/450 in NorCal...

I have two OEM 20" wheels from our 2009 gl320 bluetec available for sale, along with a pair of matching runflat tires.

As most of you with runflats know, Mercedes does not give us a spare tire with these vehicles. And because the tires are SOOO expensive to purchase new, no tire shop and very few dealers keep the tires in stock. So a flat tire usually means that you have to park your GL for at least a few days, and that's assuming that a replacement tire is even available to order (which isn't always the case).

I did go ahead and upgrade to aftermarket 20" wheels, but have kept one factory 20" wheel/tire as a spare in the garage in the event of a flat. One other wheel/tire has been sold to another GL Bluetec owner for the same purpose...so that leaves me with two remaining wheels available for sale.

Both wheels are in pretty good shape with less than 10k miles of use, though one has a few more mounting/road debris scratches than the other. Neither has any curb rash. Wheels come with blank chrome centercaps.

I would like to get $200 per wheel, and if you would like, I can throw in a functional 275/50/20 Goodyear runflat for just the cost of mounting/balancing with each wheel. The tires are fairly worn on the shoulders, but the centers have plenty of tread and these would make perfect spares.

Just for reference, these factory wheels list for over $700/ea from Mercedes, and the Goodyear runflat tires now cost in excess of $500 each at tirerack.

I would MUCH prefer local pickup in the Modesto, CA area, but would be willing to ship as long as buyer is willing to pay all packing/shipping costs.

Please PM or post if interested or have any questions.