Wheels and Tires The archived forum for wheels and tires for sale by members. Browse newer listings and create your own in our new Marketplace.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Rare unusual Factory FORGED wheels....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2017, 10:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts
E 63S Wagon Renntech, E55 Renntech, SL65, SL 55 030, ML, bunch of old ones--they come, they go...
Rare unusual Factory FORGED wheels....

I had been saving these for a project I was working on, but it look like that's not going to come around.
This is a rare and unusual set of MB accessory wheels. They are FORGED, not cast, and are just not around anymore. They were originally sold to fit W209, 203, and 171, but they will work on many applications. Please do your homework on that, as I don't want a return.

As best I can tell, the factory only called it the " Multispoke Forged High Sheen Wheel". You can try to track it down by using A 209 401 2602 ( I think that is a front wheel)They are 7.5/18 front, 8.5/ 18 rear, with offsets of 37F and 30R. They are in still in the factory boxes. They have never been mounted. It's hard to describe the finish on these things, it is a super smooth,buffed and polished look, slick to the touch, but not the bright chrome that you would see in the US. The windows are trimmed out in black/graphite. We have put a set on a 208 (pictured) and a 209. They should also be just right for a 203 and other earlier C's, 171 SLK, 210, and 211 (not AMG). I have seen a set on a C that was properly set up and lowered, and it looks superb.

There are just not any of these wheels left around. I have found a few single wheels on German Ebay, but most are re-finished and I don't see how you could match just one. There is one set for sale somewhere in Central Europe, but they want over $1500 Euros (close to $2k US) and I don't think they're worth that. I'm looking for about half that. Make me a reasonable offer, and we'll give it a try.

I do think this would make a fantastic setup, and at money that is not far what sellers want for the cheap Chinese stuff. I don't have caps and lugs (the deco cap looks great in them), but that's easy. If you want me to ship them, be advised--I'd want to put the factory boxes inside another shipping box and use 2 of them. And I would want to use FedEx, given the fact that you can't replace them. It could get spendy, $100 bucks or more depending on where you are. I'm near Atlanta if that helps you.

If you want something beautiful, rare and unusual, this will do the trick. I always list stuff here first for my MB buddies. If it doesn't work, then I'll move to Ebay in a few days. I have a good rep on this board, nearly 20 years, and 100% Ebay feedback and take Paypal.

Last edited by allenjdmb; 10-08-2017 at 11:11 AM.
Old 10-08-2017, 11:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts
E 63S Wagon Renntech, E55 Renntech, SL65, SL 55 030, ML, bunch of old ones--they come, they go...
Well, I don't know what happened to....

the picture icons...let me figure it out...