Wine, Beer and Spirits Discuss wines, beers and spirits, tasting notes, and what is in your cellar

Single Malt Enthusiasts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2013, 05:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 AMG
Single Malt Enthusiasts

Is there anyone out there who enjoys discussing fine Scotch? Seeking some comparative opinions and recommendations.

Ballantine's 21 year old is my stand alone favorite, but I appreciate the variation among regions and aging methods. I would enjoy hearing what members have to say and perhaps make a few new discoveries in the learning process.

Please share your favorite or most recomended Scotch. Comment on why if you care to offer your thoughts.
Old 01-17-2018, 03:03 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
SLK55 AMG, E320 BlueTec, ML350, (formerly) C32 AMG, MR2 Turbo, HD-FLH-FSE, BMW R100RS, Ducati M900
Scotch

The Dalmore 12 or 18. It is a Highland single malt. Fruity, spicey nose with almost a cake like scent. Sweet taste with a little bite and a long and layered finish with some leathery tannins at the end. Smoother than bourbon and more complex than most other whiskies, it is a fav of mine. They offer some more exclusive bottles such as the Cigar Malt, the Dalmore 25 and the King Alexander. The later being a blend of several ages but mostly old juice. Stil, their lowest grade Dalmore 12 is tough to beat by any. It lacks the big smokey, peaty nose that you will get with most of the Western Isla scotch but it makes up with its complexity. If you don't like it, try Highland Park 12, or 18. It is a bit more traditional. Never adds colorants, and does have a hint of smoke to the nose. It tastes like home. More earthy.

Irish
Old 04-26-2018, 09:25 PM

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
E400
I was just introduced to scotch single malt by my son. We have decided on The Barvenie as a good drink.
Old 04-26-2018, 10:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 E550 Cabriolet
I'm also a big fan of Balvenie as well, the Doublewood being my usial go to. However, I've also enjoyed the Aberlour A'bunagh (sp?) very much! Cask strength and finish aging in Sherry caaks. Cut a little with spring water and just sit and enjoy!! Deee-lish!!
The following users liked this post:
Cambridgehank (04-26-2018)
Old 04-26-2018, 10:05 PM

E400
I will try to find Aberlour here in va. I was taught to drink bourbon and now scotch with a splash of spring water.
Old 07-24-2018, 09:51 PM

E400
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 12E550Cab
I'm also a big fan of Balvenie as well, the Doublewood being my usial go to. However, I've also enjoyed the Aberlour A'bunagh (sp?) very much! Cask strength and finish aging in Sherry caaks. Cut a little with spring water and just sit and enjoy!! Deee-lish!!
Found Aberlour and it is a fabulous sipping drink. Thanks