Sponsored by:

Getting the GTS Soon...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 10:35 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
AMG GT S & E63 S AMG
Getting the GTS Soon...

My local dealer called the other day with some good and bad news, and the wait for my car will be much shorter than anticipated. I had placed an order last month for a Mars Red GTS that was scheduled to be a 3rd decade March production with delivery by early May. According to the dealer, MB had decided to push my production slot back to August as a MY2017 car, but instead they found a car in NJ that arrived a couple of weeks ago with everything I ordered plus 3 extra options. They offered to pay the difference and have the car transported in an enclosed trailer to my local dealer. I actually pondered about waiting for the 2017, but if delivery is in September, then I would have missed most of the driving season here in the Chicago area. Anyways, the car is now en route from NJ and should arrive any day. The sad part is now the wait for a day when the weather is above 40 degrees to be able to drive the car home. In the end, it is much better than waiting until May, and I am looking forward to putting many miles on it this summer. Here is what I ended up getting.

- Mars Red
- Black Multi-Spoke Forged Wheels
- Night Styling Package
- Panoramic Roof (not in original order)
- Car Cover (not in original order)
- Black Dinamica Interior w/ Red Accents
- Black Diamond Trim (not in original order)
- High-end Burmester Sound
- Lane Tracking Package
- Dynamic Plus Package

I am thinking about a set of HRE P101 wheels in Satin Black for the car. Can anyone here help with photoshopping this combination before I pull the trigger? Thanks!
Old 02-11-2016, 12:21 PM
Administrator

Received 795 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
No need to photoshop--- the car will look amazing with the P101's. I love Mars Red.
Old 02-12-2016, 05:43 PM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
ferrari 458 spider
yup mine is mars red i posted a pic in the pic thread

went back and forth on mars and cardinal red but cardinal is way too dark in the shade whereas mars looks like cardinal in the shade
Old 02-12-2016, 06:03 PM
Administrator

Received 795 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by unpollo2
yup mine is mars red i posted a pic in the pic thread

went back and forth on mars and cardinal red but cardinal is way too dark in the shade whereas mars looks like cardinal in the shade
I concur, Cardinal doesn't, IMHO, fit the lines or the shell of this car like Mars does. Its a freaking sports car!!!
Old 02-13-2016, 11:32 AM
SPONSOR

Received 241 Likes on 188 Posts
www.wheelsboutique.com
Originally Posted by joseyu
My local dealer called the other day with some good and bad news, and the wait for my car will be much shorter than anticipated. I had placed an order last month for a Mars Red GTS that was scheduled to be a 3rd decade March production with delivery by early May. According to the dealer, MB had decided to push my production slot back to August as a MY2017 car, but instead they found a car in NJ that arrived a couple of weeks ago with everything I ordered plus 3 extra options. They offered to pay the difference and have the car transported in an enclosed trailer to my local dealer. I actually pondered about waiting for the 2017, but if delivery is in September, then I would have missed most of the driving season here in the Chicago area. Anyways, the car is now en route from NJ and should arrive any day. The sad part is now the wait for a day when the weather is above 40 degrees to be able to drive the car home. In the end, it is much better than waiting until May, and I am looking forward to putting many miles on it this summer. Here is what I ended up getting.

- Mars Red
- Black Multi-Spoke Forged Wheels
- Night Styling Package
- Panoramic Roof (not in original order)
- Car Cover (not in original order)
- Black Dinamica Interior w/ Red Accents
- Black Diamond Trim (not in original order)
- High-end Burmester Sound
- Lane Tracking Package
- Dynamic Plus Package

I am thinking about a set of HRE P101 wheels in Satin Black for the car. Can anyone here help with photoshopping this combination before I pull the trigger? Thanks!
Hello Josey! Here at Wheels Boutique we are HRE's largest dealer in the world and have been for over a decade straight, I think I may be able to help you out with the P101's

http://wheelsboutique.com/gallery/me...cedes-amg-gt-s

Let's make yours the first AMG GTS on P101's
Old 02-14-2016, 11:03 AM

AMG GT S & E63 S AMG
Car is at the dealer. Just got to wait for a warm day next week before picking the car up. First order of business is to get the car polished and coated with Modesta BC-04 and then BC-05 on top of it. P101's will be ordered Monday from a friend of mine and will also be getting the Passport 9500ci detector system with the Mercedes steering wheel interface. This will be a long week of waiting, but it beats having to wait until May.

Old 02-14-2016, 01:02 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Cl 65
not much wait needed for you to drive the car home, im in chicago as well and next weekend will be in the 40s to 50s. Beautiful car love the stock black wheels and mars red is one of the best colors for the gts imo.
Old 02-14-2016, 01:45 PM

AMG GT S & E63 S AMG
Looks like it will be 54 degrees Friday. The PSS tires should do fine.
Old 02-14-2016, 07:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 696 Likes on 530 Posts
R Nine T
Car is at the dealer. Just got to wait for a warm day next week before picking the car up. First order of business is to get the car polished and coated with Modesta BC-04 and then BC-05 on top of it. P101's will be ordered Monday from a friend of mine and will also be getting the Passport 9500ci detector system with the Mercedes steering wheel interface. This will be a long week of waiting, but it beats having to wait until May.

Great color wow.

Just curious why you are adamant about the modesta products? There are so many alternatives out there I'm a little confused with these paint protection products
Old 02-14-2016, 08:47 PM

AMG GT S & E63 S AMG
I have a good friend who owns a detailing shop so this is an experiment that we are doing to test the layering of Modesta BC-04 with BC-05. They will also be installing some 3M Crystalline tints as well. My E63 (daily driver) is currently coated with Opti-Coat Pro, while I had C-Quart Finest on the Boxster and M6.

According to the friend, C-Quartz Finest will provide a great shine and water beading properties but the coating is somewhat thin and should last about 2 years. Opti-Coat Pro is thicker (4-5 years), but does not provide the same shine as C-Quartz Finest and water beading while still excellent is not a good as C-Quartz either. Finally, Modesta (normally the BC-05) is the best of both worlds. The coating itself is thicker than Opti-Coat Pro and it will shine as well as C-Quartz Finest if not better. Its water-repelling property is also un-matched. Cost wise, all of these coatings will be more expensive than the normal wax, which only last for a few months. C-Quartz will be the cheapest, Opti-Coat second and Modesta is the most expensive of the 3. There are other similar products out there that cost about the same, but from what I have seen these 3 are the most talked about. In general, my fried would recommend C-Quartz for the fun cars that are not driven everyday and Opti-Coat for the daily drivers. Modesta is generally reserved for the customers who want the best and where cost is not as big of a factor.

I have had the Opti-Coat Pro on my daily driver for a little over a year and it is holding up well so far. It has gone through an automatic wash multiple times when I am too far from my regular hand wash place, and I have not found any swirl marks yet. This also includes an episode this past summer where I had to drive through some fresh oil on the road and the clean up included 2 full bottles of turtle wax tar remover. I was sure that the surface would be scratched, but I did not find any. Since I didn't drive the Boxster or M6 as much, we went with C-Quartz Finest and they both looked great after every wash.

For my GTS, we will be experimenting with applying multiple layers of Modesta because this company makes various coatings with different properties. After polishing the paint surface and priming it, the first coating will be BC-04, which contains some sort of nano-titanium for a candy-like gloss. BC-05 will then be applied on top of it to provide additional depth and extreme water-repelling properties. The main difference between the two products is that the the BC-04 is more glossy, but does not repel that much water. BC-05 does not shine as much, but has much better water-repelling properties. Show cars that are rarely driven will normally have BC-04 applied, while the most popular Modesta coating is the BC-05. A couple of detailing shops out west have done this with great results, so we will be trying this at my friend's shop in hopes of documenting the process and selling it in the future. The wheels and brake calipers will be getting a coating of BC-06, which is a ultra-high temperature resistant glass coating with excellent water-repelling properties. Some users have reported less brake dust sticking to the wheel, but the major advantage is that brake dust removal generally requires no scrubbing and just a pressure rinse.

I will update this thread with some pictures once the detail is done.

Originally Posted by ROMEO550
Great color wow.

Just curious why you are adamant about the modesta products? There are so many alternatives out there I'm a little confused with these paint protection products
Old 02-14-2016, 11:45 PM

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts
McLaren 12C Spider | Lamborghini Superleggera | Porsche 997.2 TT | Cayenne TT | AMG GTS
Passport 9500ci detector system integration can you elaborate in more detail please?

Red looks sharp on these cars... Congrats!!!
Old 02-15-2016, 12:07 AM

AMG GT S & E63 S AMG
Mid-City Engineering has an interfacing system for the 9500i detector where you can control the detector from the steering wheel buttons. The detector essentially is integrated into the in-dash multifunction display under the Audio section. Here is more info on the system.

http://www.midcityengineering.com/ra...ort-interfaces

Originally Posted by SANDOVAL
Passport 9500ci detector system integration can you elaborate in more detail please?

Red looks sharp on these cars... Congrats!!!
Old 02-15-2016, 03:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 696 Likes on 530 Posts
R Nine T
Great info ty. Before and after photos on that Mars will be interesting
Old 02-15-2016, 01:55 PM
SPONSOR

Received 241 Likes on 188 Posts
www.wheelsboutique.com

Color looks even better than I could have imagined. Sent you a friendly PM
Old 02-15-2016, 06:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 258 Likes on 225 Posts
AMG C63s

Congratulations, love that colour!
Old 02-15-2016, 06:45 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Cl 65
60 degrees on Saturday jose! Just careful with all the yahoos out and about. Definitely don't want any mishaps
Old 02-15-2016, 07:19 PM

AMG GT S & E63 S AMG
Thanks! Looking forward to the weekend...

Originally Posted by fastlife23
60 degrees on Saturday jose! Just careful with all the yahoos out and about. Definitely don't want any mishaps
Old 02-17-2016, 01:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 Pontiac GTO 6.0
Wow..I really like Mars Red!! Can't wait to see more pictures of it!
Old 02-17-2016, 07:30 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
2016 AMG GTS, 2014 Cadillac CTS, 2013 Cadillac Escalde EXT, 1964 Pontiac Bonneville
Way to go Joseyu great score now we can drive around together in the early spring car looks amazing !!
Old 02-17-2016, 10:33 PM

AMG GT S & E63 S AMG
Definitely. I am like a little kid waiting for Christmas. Only 2 more sleeps until pickup.

Originally Posted by Dr. Graphx
Way to go Joseyu great score now we can drive around together in the early spring car looks amazing !!
Old 02-19-2016, 09:14 AM

AMG GT S & E63 S AMG
Looks like today is the day guys. Going to have lunch with the GM and salesperson before the pickup. Will try to remember to take some pictures.
Old 02-19-2016, 10:36 AM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
ferrari 458 spider
There's pictures of cardinal red amg gts on autotrader forget which dealer just put red as color or keyword cardinal. You'll see its way too dark especially with black wheels. Might look ok with Alloy rims but certainly doesn't pop like Mars red.
Old 02-20-2016, 05:27 PM

AMG GT S & E63 S AMG
Just put about 200 miles on the car today and the car is awesome! Haven't been able to wipe the silly grin off my face since picking it up yesterday. For the people who are worried that the stiffer springs in the Dynamic Plus Package are too harsh, I would say that in Comfort Mode it is not that bad and very livable. The long hood will take time to get used to driving around the city, but the front is surprisingly easy to place considering its length. This is a really great driver's car!
Old 02-20-2016, 07:15 PM

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
14 E63S Wagon, 16 GTS Edition1 (Sold), 17 SL450 designo edition
This is a really great driver's car!

I agree. I took a trip last summer and was more comfortable after several hours in the GTS than in my E63 which has a lot more seat features. It gets even better after break in with the right foot depressed.
Old 02-23-2016, 04:09 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW M3
Congratulations on the new GTS, joseyu!

When we're back in the country, you'll definitely have to stop by and visit the shop!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Getting the GTS Soon...