Bluetooth Adapter Part Numbers - MBWorld.org Forums

Log In 


Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Bluetooth Adapter Part Numbers

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread
Old 09-24-2008, 04:39 PM   #1
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1
Drives: 2005 E55
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bluetooth Adapter Part Numbers

Having spent several hours reading threads on this site and elsewhere, I remain confused about my bluetooth options.

I have a 2005 E class and currently I'm using the cradle with Mercedes V710 phone. I'm planning to purchase a Verizon Blackberry Curve and want to upgrade to bluetooth. A few questions:

1. Is BT adapter part number B67875878 still the latest version? How is this different than the adapter under part number b67876131? Can I use either of these? Is there a different part number that would work for my application?

2. How can I tell if I am buying the B67875878 with "new" firmware?

3. Where do most people buy their adapters? My local dealer wants over $500 for the part. It looks like ebay is an option, but I'm concerned that I will not get the correct item/firmware.

Thanks to all and I apologize if this is redundant.
agillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 12:31 PM   #2
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: California
Posts: 2,317
Drives: 06 C55, 09 E350
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You need 6-7-87-5878


the firmware doesnt matter as the phone is supported with older firmware. The 6-7-87-6131 is VPC only part and it is blocked from ordering. I am guessing it is the black module that is coming with the 2009 cars. I am sure you know of the dangers of ordering from eBay.
JonMBZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 04:47 PM   #3
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,578
Drives: 04 S430 (sold),05 X5 4.4i, 02 325i, 87 560SL, 85 Alfa Romeo
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by agillman View Post
Having spent several hours reading threads on this site and elsewhere, I remain confused about my bluetooth options.

I have a 2005 E class and currently I'm using the cradle with Mercedes V710 phone. I'm planning to purchase a Verizon Blackberry Curve and want to upgrade to bluetooth. A few questions:

1. Is BT adapter part number B67875878 still the latest version? How is this different than the adapter under part number b67876131? Can I use either of these? Is there a different part number that would work for my application?

2. How can I tell if I am buying the B67875878 with "new" firmware?

3. Where do most people buy their adapters? My local dealer wants over $500 for the part. It looks like ebay is an option, but I'm concerned that I will not get the correct item/firmware.

Thanks to all and I apologize if this is redundant.
If you want the correct part, call AWS and get it.

Phone (800) 266-7746
www.getaws.com
my06clk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 09:16 PM   #4
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5
Drives: C300 Sports
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question Black module

Will the old module work with a 2008 S550 4Matic? Also is it possible to program the keyless go button to work with another car? Like
My friend gave it to me after he totaled his Benz, and I want to put it on my C300 sports. Thank you.
asaini0603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 09:49 PM   #5
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 1,683
Drives: 2008 E550, 1989 420SEL, 1995 Toyota 4Runner
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I just bought B67875878 off ebay for $215 including shipping.

Def use B67875878 esp w/ a blackberry or some features like phonebook d/l might not work.

I'm using it w/ a BB 8830 and it works flawlessly.
Vik888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 09:55 PM   #6
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5
Drives: C300 Sports
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Why better?

Is there anything wrong with the 67876131? And do you by any chance know how to program the keyless go button with a c300 sports? I got I'd from my friend who totaled his Benz
asaini0603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 03:41 PM   #7
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 1,683
Drives: 2008 E550, 1989 420SEL, 1995 Toyota 4Runner
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If you already have a 6131 BT puck then try it, but you'll find that people had issues with it which is why MB released another one which is the one sold by wireless4mb.com

I just paid $200 + shipping for the latest one. Not bad considering it costs $493 new from the stealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaini0603 View Post
Is there anything wrong with the 67876131? And do you by any chance know how to program the keyless go button with a c300 sports? I got I'd from my friend who totaled his Benz
Vik888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 09:51 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 15
Drives: 2007 E320 Bluetec; 1991 350SDL
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mind sharing where you got the latest BT adapter? I bought one on ebay; listed as new; latest model and with all documentation. Turns out it came out of a lease car that was turned in, and was not the new model. I got the adapter in an envelope, and nothing else. Needless to say PayPal is already processing the refund.

Thanks,

Ken
Charlotte, NC
yeahrightnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 08:35 AM   #9
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5
Drives: C300 Sports
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lightbulb eBay

we got a s550 and the dealer wanted more than 500 for the Bluetooth module, so we got it from eBay. The one I got didn't come with a manual or anything, but it works perfectly. Just make sure the seller has a really high rating. We got our module for 207.50, and that included shipping. Much better than 565 from the dealer
asaini0603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:29 AM   #10
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 28
Drives: SL
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I dont know if anyone had trouble pairing the Bluetooth modules.
But this link helped me

http://mercedes-benzbluetooth.blogspot.com/
Mrsl500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 01:57 AM   #11
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 1
Drives: Mercedez Benz C230K
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
C230 Kompressor Bluetooth Dong (or Puck)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonMBZ View Post
You need 6-7-87-5878


the firmware doesnt matter as the phone is supported with older firmware. The 6-7-87-6131 is VPC only part and it is blocked from ordering. I am guessing it is the black module that is coming with the 2009 cars. I am sure you know of the dangers of ordering from eBay.
Hello friends,

I just bought a C230K from my friend. The pre--wiring is there and an electrician told me that all I need to buy is a compatible "blue tooth dong" to activate the system.

I need help with the following questions please:

1. Should I be looking to buy this part number: B 67876131?? or is there a more upgraded part which I can get and is compatible with the pre-wired system?

2. I would obviously desire a system which works with multiple smart phone at a time, and does have the capability to pause the other apps when a phone call comes?

3. Last but not least whats the best place to buy this for a good price? as my dealer is asking for more than $500!!!

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions. I'm bases in Toronto, Canada.
AndraabNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bluetooth Adapter for sale Ducati999 Audio & Electronics 2 11-08-2015 09:09 PM
WTB AMG 18" front rim nelson g Wheels and Tires 2 09-08-2015 06:18 PM
Just had my 100k Mile Service ducatista4life S-Class (W221) 12 09-06-2015 09:35 AM
Workshop manual Medzhlumyan Mercedes Tech Talk 0 09-04-2015 03:31 AM
OEM s550 (W221) wheels & tires package - $650 OBRO flynnjaye Wheels and Tires 0 09-03-2015 04:37 PM


Tags
2008, 2008s550, 5878, adapter, b67875878, b67876131, benz, bluetooth, blutec, cradle, e320, mercedes, module, type, work


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:04 AM.


Copyright 2001-2012 InternetBrands, Inc. / MBWorld.org. All Rights Reserved.