C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Audio 20 firmware updates?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 05:35 AM
nnk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W205
Audio 20 firmware updates?

Does anyone know where to check for available w205 Audio 20 firmware updates? I have spotted some issues (extremely slow to start navigation / AAC CDs, navigation stalled in
'Activating navigation' screen, ip radio not working, saved locations deleted without warning, no google local search - even though it is shown in the audio 20 interactive manual etc). I don't want to bother my dealer now, if there is no solution available yet ....

Once new firmware exist, can this be installed as DIY?

Thank you for your comments!

Last edited by nnk; 09-17-2014 at 03:53 AM.
Old 09-11-2014, 10:12 AM

2015 C400 loaded
I have noticed the internet radio not working too
Old 09-20-2014, 06:33 AM
nnk

W205
Originally Posted by abstractls
I have noticed the internet radio not working too
It started giving a different error message for me today:
"IP Radion not available now" iso "Can't fully load page .."

I hope this means MB is working the issue centrally (not that my upgrade to iOS 8.0 generates a new error ;-)
Old 09-27-2014, 08:47 PM

2015 C class
Same

Same issues. Web or ip just is clunky.
Old 09-30-2014, 06:51 AM
nnk

W205
Originally Posted by nnk
Does anyone know where to check for available w205 Audio 20 firmware updates? I have spotted some issues (extremely slow to start navigation / AAC CDs, navigation stalled in
'Activating navigation' screen, ip radio not working, saved locations deleted without warning, no google local search - even though it is shown in the audio 20 interactive manual etc). I don't want to bother my dealer now, if there is no solution available yet ....

Once new firmware exist, can this be installed as DIY?

Thank you for your comments!
There seems to be a correlation between having your phone connect through BT and issue with audio 20 freezing up: if I wait for the system to boot and finish calculating the route before turning on BT on my phone, I have fewer issues ... (But this is a pain to do ...)

Has anyone else noticed this too?
Old 09-30-2014, 06:55 AM

S213 220D
No, but there is garmin map pilot firmware update available: september 2014. This must be installed by a dealership. Why turning of your Bluetooth?

Last edited by mbinnl; 09-30-2014 at 02:09 PM.
Old 09-30-2014, 07:00 AM
nnk

W205
Originally Posted by mbinnl
No, but there is garmin map pilot firmware update available: september 2015. This must be installed by a dealership. Why turning of your Bluetooth?
I turn off BT to avoid audio 20 freezing up. It tends to do that if it also plays music, shows the rear cam picture, is booting Garmin & connecting to your phone at the same time. (= every time I back out of my driveway)

Garmin firmware update? Great ... Can you tell me where you found this, so I can tell my dealer? Do you know the build- version number? September 2014 I guess?
Old 09-30-2014, 07:04 AM

S213 220D
Originally Posted by nnk
I turn off BT to avoid audio 20 freezing up. It tends to do that if it also plays music, shows the rear cam picture, is booting Garmin & connecting to your phone at the same time. (= every time I back out of my driveway)

Garmin firmware update? Great ... Can you tell me where you found this, so I can tell my dealer? Do you know the build- version number? September 2014 I guess?
Most of this can be found on the German forum motortalk.de Very close to the source.
Old 09-30-2014, 01:27 PM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
2015 C 180 AMG Sportline W205
Can the maps be updated by oneself from your computer? There exists a Mercedes app just made for Garmin SD card.
Old 09-30-2014, 01:47 PM
nnk

W205
Originally Posted by megaoctane
Can the maps be updated by oneself from your computer? There exists a Mercedes app just made for Garmin SD card.
Maps: yes
Firmware: judging from the comment above: probably not
Old 10-02-2014, 09:40 AM

W205 C220 BlueTec Avantgarde
I have the car for almost a month now with the Audio20 system and Garmin GPS, and am pretty disappointed by the navigation.

- It is very slow to startup
- it has a problem getting a GPS lock, especially when you do not wait for it to get a lock before driving off. Or when you drive out of a garage. In such cases it can take minutes to acquire a lock.
- It is very slow with recalculating the route when you take a 'wrong' turn.
- for some reason it seems to easily get confused in Luxembourg City. Perhaps poor quality maps?
- The look and feel do not integrate well with the rest of the system
- very slow to switch between navigation and other functions like radio, media, etc
- No ability to navigate to contacts from my phonebook, you just have to enter the address again.

The 5 year old TomTom of my wife is quicker in getting a lock, recalculating routes, etc then this POS Garmin.

My car has already been in the garage for a week, as the whole Navigation, Bluetooth, Radio and Media functions froze up on the first day. And also I was not able to access mp3 files on a USB stick. They ended up replacing some parts that had to be ordered from Germany, including the MultiMedia interface as I understood it.
I am wondering if I should go back to the dealer to complain about the Garmin, or if I should wait for some update. I do not fancy having another loaner for a week while they look it over.

Other then that I'm quite happy with the car itself. It feels much more sportive then my previous 2012 W204. But not quite as sportive as the BMW F30 that I drove for a while.
Old 10-02-2014, 11:53 AM
nnk

W205
Originally Posted by rob72
I have the car for almost a month now with the Audio20 system and Garmin GPS, and am pretty disappointed by the navigation.

- It is very slow to startup
- it has a problem getting a GPS lock, especially when you do not wait for it to get a lock before driving off. Or when you drive out of a garage. In such cases it can take minutes to acquire a lock.
- It is very slow with recalculating the route when you take a 'wrong' turn.
- for some reason it seems to easily get confused in Luxembourg City. Perhaps poor quality maps?
- The look and feel do not integrate well with the rest of the system
- very slow to switch between navigation and other functions like radio, media, etc
- No ability to navigate to contacts from my phonebook, you just have to enter the address again.

The 5 year old TomTom of my wife is quicker in getting a lock, recalculating routes, etc then this POS Garmin.

My car has already been in the garage for a week, as the whole Navigation, Bluetooth, Radio and Media functions froze up on the first day. And also I was not able to access mp3 files on a USB stick. They ended up replacing some parts that had to be ordered from Germany, including the MultiMedia interface as I understood it.
I am wondering if I should go back to the dealer to complain about the Garmin, or if I should wait for some update. I do not fancy having another loaner for a week while they look it over.

Other then that I'm quite happy with the car itself. It feels much more sportive then my previous 2012 W204. But not quite as sportive as the BMW F30 that I drove for a while.
I recognize all of the issues you are describing ... asked my dealer for the Sept Garmin update today .. I'll keep you posted ..
Old 10-02-2014, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by nnk
I recognize all of the issues you are describing ... asked my dealer for the Sept Garmin update today .. I'll keep you posted ..
My map is v2.3 and software version 13.30

I installed the Mercedes Download Manager today, it tells me there is an update available. So I tell it to download. It then fails after a few % and you have to restart it, it then downloads to 100% and just sits there, supposedly writing to the card. But after a while I just get some error that the SD card could not be found, while it had no issue finding it initially. Restarting just gives the same errors all over (including the download failed after a few %).
Strangely after starting it over a few times, it suddenly told me an update was available for the download manager itself. And after the update, it forced me to create an account on the website, while before it did not. But other then that it still fails the same way.

So not only is the Garmin a POS, so is the download manager.
Old 10-03-2014, 12:00 PM
nnk

W205
Originally Posted by rob72
My map is v2.3 and software version 13.30

I installed the Mercedes Download Manager today, it tells me there is an update available. So I tell it to download. It then fails after a few % and you have to restart it, it then downloads to 100% and just sits there, supposedly writing to the card. But after a while I just get some error that the SD card could not be found, while it had no issue finding it initially. Restarting just gives the same errors all over (including the download failed after a few %).
Strangely after starting it over a few times, it suddenly told me an update was available for the download manager itself. And after the update, it forced me to create an account on the website, while before it did not. But other then that it still fails the same way.

So not only is the Garmin a POS, so is the download manager.
Did the Garmin/map update today; worked like a charm (I did the update on MAC OSX) ... This is not a firmware update though - meaning that I do not expect the issues above to disappear after this ..
Old 10-03-2014, 12:47 PM

S213 220D
German c classes delivered this week have Garmin software version 14.18 and less issues. I'm not sure if this is the september upgrade, most likely yes.
Old 10-03-2014, 12:53 PM
nnk

W205
Originally Posted by mbinnl
German c classes delivered this week have Garmin software version 14.18 and less issues. I'm not sure if this is the september upgrade, most likely yes.
Where/how can I see what the Garmin firmware version-number is?
Old 10-03-2014, 01:16 PM

S213 220D
Originally Posted by nnk
No idea, still awaiting delivery. I guess some where in settings of navigation at the end?
Old 10-05-2014, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by nnk
Did the Garmin/map update today; worked like a charm (I did the update on MAC OSX) ... This is not a firmware update though - meaning that I do not expect the issues above to disappear after this ..
I managed to get it working finally. It does not work from Firefox, it needs IE (v10 is what I used).

After the update, the car is reporting the software version as 16.15, while before the update it was 13.30.
I have not been able to test the difference yet. The car is in the garage and we have visitors. I have two trips this evening still to do, and will play around with it a bit to see if there is any noticeable difference. In any case, startup of the navigation did not seem noticeably faster. But then I did not time it before the update, so difficult to say.
Old 10-05-2014, 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by nnk
In the top level of the navigation, you need to go to settings. There you can find the software version. Mine is 16.15 after doing the update through the update manager.
Old 10-05-2014, 06:04 AM

C220 Premium AMG
I have managed to get UK speed cameras to show up on mine by following the steps at the following link: http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/uksafe...ras-garmin.php although they do charge £19.99 a year for a subscription. Worthwhile in my opinion.
Old 10-05-2014, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by crankybear
I have managed to get UK speed cameras to show up on mine by following the steps at the following link: http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/uksafe...ras-garmin.php although they do charge £19.99 a year for a subscription. Worthwhile in my opinion.
I installed the SCDB.info speed cameras twee weeks ago on the SD card. Advantage is that it covers all of Europe and it costs €9.99 a year.